Thread: Davinci Resolve Dailies - Avid Workflow

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Just for the record, no response on this issue, including no call backs after multiple messages left at BM.
    Steve Sherrick

UPDATE:
    Added support for Display Name on ALE export.
    Thank you BMD!
    Steve Sherrick

Ah, you see -- Blackmagic does listen.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    I'm assuming there is still no way to use ALE files with Premiere or Final Cut Pro.

I agree, there should be univeral access between all of these programs to exchange dailies information like this. And I would also extend that to Track Names and Sound File names on all the WAVs that are part of the project.
    Both Premier Pro and FCP 7 (not familiar enough with FCP X) can import batch lists. These were originally intended for capturing from tape when material was externally logged, but you can use them to populate some bin columns. It is by no means as comprehensive as ALE, but it is possible to use a spreadsheet to convert an ALE (which is a tab delimited text file at the end of the day) into a .csv for Premiere, for example. If you wanted to do something more sophisticated, you would need to write a script which parsed the ALE and created an XML. I have done similar things for clients in the past, and also written scripts which converted particular XML formats to ALE, to go the other way.
    Nick Shaw, London, UK
    editor/compositor/workflow consultant
    TA at REDucation UK

REDlogFilm™ to REDgamma™/REDgamma2™/REDgamma3™ LUTs for FCP 7 and Resolve available from www.antlerpost.com/plugins
    Now also REDgamma4™ for Resolve
    Other formats on request