Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Call for delivery...

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 Call for delivery... 
    We will be sending out an email to customers #1-500 shortly.

Basically, it says that if you are a reservation holder in this serial number range, you have until August 1st (this year) to make the decision whether to pay the balance and take delivery or get your deposit refunded and lose your position in line.

We feel very strongly that we have listened to the community and have been very fair about this. The RED ONE, with Build 16, now exceeds almost every expectation and is suitable to be called a "production camera". By August 1st, the SDK will have been released to the community and REDCINE and RED Alert! will be "Release Versions".

We need to know who is in and who is out so we can better plan our production schedule.

After we have finished with #1-500, we will then look to #501-1000... and so on.

We appreciate everyone's patience and continue to look forward to delivering "surprise capbilities" for the RED ONE going forward.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

That sounds fair.
    Frank Weeks
    www.digitalcinemasouth.com
    Epic-X and Red One MX

Banned
    good policy - and good to know about 1.8. for the SDK.
    Will be to the redcode fileformat be documented before the SDK? Iridas, cineform etc probably dont need the SDK, the fileformat would suffice them.

I'm surprised there's still people in the 100's who haven't taken delivery.

Anyone in that group that would like to trade reservations for a reservation in the low 3000 Please PM me!

Jim,
    I'm not sure if this is Kosher with you, but I really would like to have a camera or TWO Now and this may serve both owners...

Thanks
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by laguun View Post
    good policy - and good to know about 1.8. for the SDK.
    Will be to the redcode fileformat be documented before the SDK? Iridas, cineform etc probably dont need the SDK, the fileformat would suffice them.
    what are you talking about here Laguun? I have not seen this post

Jay

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Birdy View Post
    Anyone in that group that would like to trade reservations for a reservation in the low 3000 Please PM me!

Jim,
    I'm not sure if this is Kosher with you, but I really would like to have a camera or TWO Now and this may serve both owners...

Thanks
    Dave
    I think that you would be disappointed if someone in the 4000s jumped in front of you with a trade like that... ?

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Seems like some confusion here... the SDK will be out well before August 1st. The call for delivery gives everyone enough time AFTER the SDK is released to make a decision.

BTW, we are shooting for "weeks" not "months" on the SDK.

Jim

Ohhhhhh.. Thanks Jim. 1.8 was the DATE... Those damn people from Berlin write the date backwards!!! :)

I get it now... And then Jim comes back with "Sooner than Aug 1st" Good to know.

I'm not too slow... Am I?

:)

Just messing with you Laguun

Jay

Jim,

I see your point yes I would.. and yes you are very fair....I just thought it would serve both owners if someone is not ready and I am....

Please feel free to delete my post if you are not on board with this...and as alway this post is with all due respect to you & the RED team!

You guys are Rocking the world of Ultra-High Def!!

Dave