Thread: Aloha, anyone in Hawaii with 8K projection connections?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Aloha, anyone in Hawaii with 8K projection connections? 
    Hi guys,
    Am putting together a project outline for a time-lapse film that I hope to present during the 13th Festival of Pacific Arts and Culture that will be held in 2020 (not a typo) in Hawaii. I have an outline of the project on my website and am currently in discussions with the Tourism Authority of Hawaii regarding the same as they are the responsible agents for the running of the festival.

Ideally I'm looking for projection services to a big screen, in the ideal World for attendees of the Festival to watch. My goal is to try and get this set up as a nightly screening once the main activities of the day have been completed. I can't think of anything better than kicking back with friends, drinking a beer (or three) whilst watching imagery that encapsulates the cultural essence of the represented Pacific Nations in attendance at the festival.

If anyone is set up in Hawaii with such capabilities I'd love to open discussion.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

"It's all Mother Nature's fault, she radicalised me at an early age"

"Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed... We simply need that Wild country available to us, even if we do nothing more than drive to its edge, and peer in" -
    Wallace Stegner.

Maybe in 2020 :) I haven't heard of 8k projectors, the 8k TV's are still mostly prototypes and proof of concepts...

Fingers crossed Jim may come up with some more magic? NHK here in Japan are already filming in 8K from the Olympics and have had displays up in their showrooms in Tokyo.

Let's hope the hardware catches up with the innovation.

Cheers,
    Mark.
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

"Something will have gone out of us as a people if we ever let the remaining wilderness be destroyed... We simply need that Wild country available to us, even if we do nothing more than drive to its edge, and peer in" -
    Wallace Stegner.

Chad Lancaster
    ICON Motion Pictures

The Southwest
    www.thesouthwestfilm.com
    www.fb.com/thesouthwestfilm
    Instagram: https://goo.gl/6cElQF

Now that is ten shades of awesome, cheers for the link...
    S E A W I L D E A R T H

Wallace Stegner.