Thread: new errors relinking R3Ds

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 new errors relinking R3Ds 
    howdy

I'm having issues relinking a MOV based sequence to the original R3Ds.

I've done this in the past with no issue by importing the MOV based XML (from Premiere Pro) without media,
    using the media browser to to import all the R3D media,
    then using the "Reconform from Bins" option.

This time Resolve successfully relinks 80% of the media but then on other clips it actually changes the name of the file and reconnects to the wrong media clip. I.E. a R3D file starting with B004 will upon relinking change in the sequence to the wrong R3D clip named B002.

The XML out of Premiere seems to be fine on testing it's the relinking within Resolve going haywire.

Any tips?!?!?!?

thx
    le VV Monstro
    and water housing

www.nalu.com.au

Have you removed any speed changes in Premiere? Have had that problem when I forgot to reset all clips back to 100%

Move all the Red files to a distinct place (preferably a separate drive, but a separate folder should do) and relink to that specific location. It should "theoretically" ignore the proxies.

Did Premiere create any new clips in the edit sequence, like for multicam or something like that?

At the absolute worst, reconform the missing clips by hand. 20% of the clips is not disastrous, assuming it's not hundreds and hundreds of shots. I have seen cases where once I manually conformed one clip, the database kind of "woke up" and re-established the correct links with several other clips.

Bear in mind a lot of this stuff is not a Resolve problem per se -- it's an XML problem that occurs because different manufacturers interpret XML differently. Try to exchange a Premiere file with FCP7, FCPX, or Avid and see what happens.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

thanks for the replies

we ended up digging into the XML to place the MOV with R3Ds - worked nicely - about 95% there and can manually conform the rest
    le VV Monstro
    and water housing

www.nalu.com.au