Thread: Vegas Pro 14 has RED support

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 Vegas Pro 14 has RED support 
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    8
    In case anyone was wondering, Vegas software was bought off of Sony by Magix, and Vegas Pro 14 was just released today...and you can finally drop Dragon and DSMC2 .R3D files right onto the timeline. Also native ProRes support :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    884
    Great news, thanks!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    171
    FYI here is the new Vegas forum:
    https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...gas-pro-forum/
    Here is the Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/vegascreativesoftware/?fref=ts
    (importantly on this, Magix confirm that Sony Vegas users should receive an email upgrade price offer in the next few days).
    I downloaded the trial and a Scarlet Dragon file that Sony Vegas 13 did not recognize opens fine
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    190
    Unfortunately no 6k support still :(
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Ok, just a few words on that supposed "Red Support". It's scarcely different at all from what we already had in Vegas 13. There are no color-spaces for modern Red Cameras or even RedLog. It still isn't loading .RMD's, so you basically have no ability to grade or color-correct in REDCINE-X. That's a deal killer for us. In addition, there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path or discount from 13. We are jumping ship for Premiere (which we already "own" in CC), which has EXCELLENT support out of the box for RedCode.. and it observes changes to the RMD's.

    Just our opinion..
    Last edited by Eric Pontbriand; 09-21-2016 at 10:35 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    OK, I'm not very firm in my convictions. I bought 14 because I uncovered an upgrade, but IT'S ONLY AVAILABLE TILL THE 27TH. If you want to upgrade to Vegas 14, better email support if you haven't already received your email invite for the $199/$249/$349 upgrade option depending on version.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Pontbriand View Post
    Ok, just a few words on that supposed "Red Support". It's scarcely different at all from what we already had in Vegas 13. There are no color-spaces for modern Red Cameras or even RedLog. It still isn't loading .RMD's, so you basically have no ability to grade or color-correct in REDCINE-X. That's a deal killer for us. In addition, there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path or discount from 13. We are jumping ship for Premiere (which we already "own" in CC), which has EXCELLENT support out of the box for RedCode.. and it observes changes to the RMD's.

    Just our opinion..
    Call it whatever you'd like. Vegas 13 did not even open or recognize Dragon sensored REDs, nor any DSMC2 camera files (r3d). Period. Now it does. Works for me :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Gentile View Post
    Call it whatever you'd like. Vegas 13 did not even open or recognize Dragon sensored REDs, nor any DSMC2 camera files (r3d). Period. Now it does. Works for me :D

    It did, but only old OLPF (prior Skin, Lo-light & Standard).
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Šabović Adis View Post
    It did, but only old OLPF (prior Skin, Lo-light & Standard).
    I have never been able to open an Epic Dragon r3d in Vegas 13, i was under the impression no one could.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Sarajevo
    Posts
    884
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Gentile View Post
    I have never been able to open an Epic Dragon r3d in Vegas 13, i was under the impression no one could.
    Once You could find r3d-s on this thread: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1267191, but now they're gone.

    If You like to play go there: http://www.red.com/sample-r3d-files, and download the "dragster" clip (No. 11 from the top) - it's still working!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts