Thread: Vegas Pro 14 has RED support

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Vegas Pro 14 has RED support 
    In case anyone was wondering, Vegas software was bought off of Sony by Magix, and Vegas Pro 14 was just released today...and you can finally drop Dragon and DSMC2 .R3D files right onto the timeline. Also native ProRes support :)

Great news, thanks!

FYI here is the new Vegas forum:
    https://www.vegascreativesoftware.in...gas-pro-forum/
    Here is the Facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/vegascreativesoftware/?fref=ts
    (importantly on this, Magix confirm that Sony Vegas users should receive an email upgrade price offer in the next few days).
    I downloaded the trial and a Scarlet Dragon file that Sony Vegas 13 did not recognize opens fine

Unfortunately no 6k support still :(

Ok, just a few words on that supposed "Red Support". It's scarcely different at all from what we already had in Vegas 13. There are no color-spaces for modern Red Cameras or even RedLog. It still isn't loading .RMD's, so you basically have no ability to grade or color-correct in REDCINE-X. That's a deal killer for us. In addition, there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path or discount from 13. We are jumping ship for Premiere (which we already "own" in CC), which has EXCELLENT support out of the box for RedCode.. and it observes changes to the RMD's.

Just our opinion..
    Last edited by Eric Pontbriand; 09-21-2016 at 10:35 AM.

OK, I'm not very firm in my convictions. I bought 14 because I uncovered an upgrade, but IT'S ONLY AVAILABLE TILL THE 27TH. If you want to upgrade to Vegas 14, better email support if you haven't already received your email invite for the $199/$249/$349 upgrade option depending on version.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Pontbriand View Post
    Ok, just a few words on that supposed "Red Support". It's scarcely different at all from what we already had in Vegas 13. There are no color-spaces for modern Red Cameras or even RedLog. It still isn't loading .RMD's, so you basically have no ability to grade or color-correct in REDCINE-X. That's a deal killer for us. In addition, there doesn't seem to be an upgrade path or discount from 13. We are jumping ship for Premiere (which we already "own" in CC), which has EXCELLENT support out of the box for RedCode.. and it observes changes to the RMD's.

Just our opinion..
    Call it whatever you'd like. Vegas 13 did not even open or recognize Dragon sensored REDs, nor any DSMC2 camera files (r3d). Period. Now it does. Works for me :D

Quote Originally Posted by Will Gentile View Post
    Call it whatever you'd like. Vegas 13 did not even open or recognize Dragon sensored REDs, nor any DSMC2 camera files (r3d). Period. Now it does. Works for me :D

It did, but only old OLPF (prior Skin, Lo-light & Standard).

Quote Originally Posted by Šabović Adis View Post
    It did, but only old OLPF (prior Skin, Lo-light & Standard).
    I have never been able to open an Epic Dragon r3d in Vegas 13, i was under the impression no one could.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Gentile View Post
    I have never been able to open an Epic Dragon r3d in Vegas 13, i was under the impression no one could.
    Once You could find r3d-s on this thread: http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1267191, but now they're gone.

If You like to play go there: http://www.red.com/sample-r3d-files, and download the "dragster" clip (No. 11 from the top) - it's still working!