Thread: Epic-W 4k ProRes 422 HQ Proxies Split into Multiple Clips

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #11 Found the source of the problem 
    Found the solution, but has to be done in-camera. When you format the REDmags, you have to change it from FAT32 to UDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Reilly View Post
    I'm trying to edit with ProRes 422 proxies and sync audio but all of the clips are split up when I import into Premiere CC. Because of this I can't synch my audio.

I'm aware that red divides long clips into 4gb segments, but no matter how I try and import I can't get them to ingest as a single clip.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
    For future reference, format your mini mags in the UDF format instead of FAT 32. This feature was added around firmware 7.0 I think and Iíve been using it for Prores and Raw recordings for 2 years without problems. It removes the 4gb file size limit of FAT 32 so that you can have just the one single Prores file for as long as you have space to record. Also, I highly suggest always doing secure format for that extra sense of reliability. Good luck on the current project!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Zak View Post
    Found the solution, but has to be done in-camera. When you format the REDmags, you have to change it from FAT32 to UDF.
    Yep. U can record both Raw & Pro Res for assurance. Just make sure u have the card space or shoot at high compression ( that is comfortable) if you donít.
    Last edited by Brandon Obey; 03-08-2019 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Forum doesnít accept emojis
    Epic-W #000937 "Stone Cold Steve Austin"
    Cinematographer - Camera Operator
    Portfolio:www.vimeo.com/brandonobey

Does it also work with UDF for Red Raw?
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    CF Weapon Helium 8K Strummer Bright Tangerine, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm