Thread: Russian | Soviet | USSR Lens Survival Guide

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    22 and 28 can be tricky indeed, which issues did you have with yours?

are you talking about 3-22-1 and 7-28-1, right?

you could try with 4-28-1 which is easier to find in good conditions nowadays...
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Yes, I’m talking about 3-22-1 and 7-28-1 :)

In what way is 4-28-1 different than 7-28-1? Would be great to find a good alternative :)
    7-28-1 is in many ways a nice lens, but the ones I’ve had have not really been exceptional in any way... not that sharp WO and they have had a tendency to vignette a bit.

The 3-22-1’s I’ve had previously have been a hit and miss in regards to sharpness WO especially, and also sensor coverage, and as I’ll move to Komodo with its S35+ sensor, I’m a bit concerned about sensor coverage on the wider lenses...
    Maybe a 1-22-1 (f2.8) could work? - or maybe it will have to sit too deeply into the mount?

If a Cooke SP 25mm S2 or S3 could pretty much match the longer Lomo-lenses in color and general look (except maybe the wildest rainbow flares) I’d be quite happy to swap out both the 22mm and 28mm for a 25mm...
    Guess I’ll just have to test and see for myself, but it would be amazing if someone already have tested tho.

As far as I can recall, the Lomo 35mm (11-35-1) cover S35 just fine... -doesn’t it?

Hello Mathias,
    concerning okc 3-22 i have three of them and they all perform in different ways...
    and you should'nt trust the legend that the later serials performs better.
    I have one from 92 and it's the softer of the bunch.
    If you want to have good wide lomos you should go with the Highspeed ones...i absolutely love my 28mm high-speed...the standard speed is really 10 times worst.
    I'm dreaming of buying 22mm and 18mm high speed CKBK and EKRAN... but it's an expensive solution. ;)

and yes the okc11-35 cover S35 even more...but once again the highspeed 35mm is so so much better (and he nearly cover full frame)
    Good luck with your Lomo quest.

Thank you Florian :)
    Yeah... the sharpest 22mm I have had was from 1979. The randomness in the lenses makes it a bit hard to buy good wide angle Lomo lenses online, so another way (like Cooke SP) would’ve been nice ;)

If I could, then I would absolutely get the Lomo speeds... but they are just too expensive these days - for me anyways.