Thread: Red Cine X crashes Constantly. Will not export Helium Footage.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red Cine X crashes Constantly. Will not export Helium Footage. 
    I can export my dragon 6k footage all day. It will not export helium footage. Everytime it just crashes. It won't make it past 10% even if I shorten same thing. I am running OS X Sierra 10.12.1. I have a mac pro 8-core and 2x D700 GPU's. Cant export in any format to any drive.

EDIT: Just exported 8k ws footage indoors. No issues, seems to be only giving me trouble exporting 60p; or HDRX
    Last edited by Corey Benoit; 12-18-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Hi Corey,

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried using another machine just to see if it is a machine issue? (driver, etc...)

Have you sent a log file to Red? This will help them along with some sample footage. Are you able to export a single R3D frame? If so, you might send them a frame. Actually, try creating a single frame R3D and then see if you can export that. I know you said you can't export even if you shorten, just curios if that means single frame too.

You might also try turning off GPU debayer in RCX and see if that helps.

What format are you trying to export? Does the snapshot button work that outputs a single frame TIFF?

Quote Originally Posted by Stacey Spears View Post
    Hi Corey,

Sorry to hear about that. Have you tried using another machine just to see if it is a machine issue? (driver, etc...)

Have you sent a log file to Red? This will help them along with some sample footage. Are you able to export a single R3D frame? If so, you might send them a frame. Actually, try creating a single frame R3D and then see if you can export that. I know you said you can't export even if you shorten, just curios if that means single frame too.

You might also try turning off GPU debayer in RCX and see if that helps.

What format are you trying to export? Does the snapshot button work that outputs a single frame TIFF?
    I was able to export a 4 second file but anything much longer than that doesn't want to work. I haven't tried it with the GPU's disabled tho.

having same issues ... solutions ?
    EPIC-W Helium 002620

I am guessing there will be a Cine X update in the coming weeks that will address this and add helium color to coloring choices as dragon color is the only option other than 2020 or 709.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Benoit View Post
    I am guessing there will be a Cine X update in the coming weeks that will address this and add helium color to coloring choices as dragon color is the only option other than 2020 or 709.
    They can only address it if people have sent them bug reports and logs so they can repro and fix. e.g. I am not having any issues on my Windows machine with 8K Helium or 8K Dragon (VV). It could be HW or driver specific in your and Damon's case.

I would enable verbose logging (preferences -> general), make it crash and then send them a log file (help -> Show Log Files) if you have not done so already.

Were you able to turn off GPU and see if that helps? You said Dragon 6K was okay. Maybe shoot some Helium at 6K and see if that works. That will at least try and isolate if it is resolution or sensor specific.

I just exported 5k/6k from helium no issues. Crashes nonstop with 8k.

EDIT: Just exported 8k ws footage indoors. No issues, seems to be only giving me trouble exporting 60p; or HDRX
    Last edited by Corey Benoit; 12-18-2016 at 05:14 PM.