Thread: Image Flip/Mirror

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Image Flip/Mirror 
    I've mounted my monitor upside down and have checked the box "Flip/Mirror" under Monitor setup which works fine but it seems the footage is also recorded upside down. Is there any way to only have the display flipped but the footage recorded the right way up? If not, does anyone know of a quick way to flip all clips in Red Cine X?

Thanks in advance

Just create a preset with the image flipped then press the apply button to all clips in project.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

The image isn't being recorded upside down, but rather a flag "FLIP" is being activated in the metadata, telling the software to flip it. I posted this bug last summer. It's pretty frustrating that it hasn't been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny S View Post
    The image isn't being recorded upside down, but rather a flag "FLIP" is being activated in the metadata, telling the software to flip it. I posted this bug last summer. It's pretty frustrating that it hasn't been fixed.
    Yep, I get this with my Mg. It only does it in RCX though, clips look fine in Premiere and Resolve.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    I'm a bit confused here. I'm trying to find the mirroring feature on my Weapon and I can't find it. I can flip the menu system, but not the image. For someone who's been acquainted with the menus for a long time, I'm surprised I cannot find this at all
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397

Not sure if this work before the last (Not BETA) Firmware Update but now you can.
    If you go to:

Settings -> Look -> Video -> Look Config

Now there's a checkbox (i don't remember what it says exactly) that'll flip/flop the image.
    Also, when you download the files to your drive, they are already flip/flop

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Facci View Post
    Not sure if this work before the last (Not BETA) Firmware Update but now you can.
    If you go to:

Settings -> Look -> Video -> Look Config

Now there's a checkbox (i don't remember what it says exactly) that'll flip/flop the image.
    Also, when you download the files to your drive, they are already flip/flop
    I seriously feel that Red is due to do a massive redo of the menu system. They've looked the same for many years now and when adding things to already existing design, it just clutters the interface. But thanks, found it :)
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600 Red Komodo #002397