Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Beta Firmware 6.4.21 , Scarlet-W and Weapon MG Spec increases

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Guys, quickest route to get support and for us to get beta feedback is by filing a support ticket...

I'm sure this is a groaner of a question. But with the production capacity increase, how current is the red.com shipping estimate for "Summer 2017"? The price increase isn't as bad as Jarred seemed to let on and I hope the production capacity increase doesn't come back to bite you. I think it's really cool that you were "forced" to increase production capacity. The more people out there making awesome art is always better.

So if I order today is it fair to say 3 months, 4 months, shorter, longer? And yes, I know that question has lots of caveats involving production pipeline issues. I know this question is a big thorn in Red's side and I am sorry to ask it.

3.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #73  
    Peter, we are actually in a pretty good groove on new product production planning, so it is getting more and more predictable...

I would say a new SCARLET-W order today, 3-4 months would be a conservative expectation...

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero A View Post
    This Wood Camera Trigger handles record button does not function with this newest beta. I never updated to the last beta so not sure if it worked then or not, but it did work on the latest release firmware.

Attached modules menu shows canon mount, and "wooden camera easy top plate". I do not own a top plate. Never looked on this menu before, so not sure if it recognized it the same way on the non beta firmware or not.

during the upgrade when the camera rebooted, it updated modules. my trigger handle was NOT connected during the reboot. wonder if this could potentially be the issue. I read somewhere that it's best to have the camera bare when performing updates.
    Cicero, have you tried booting the camera up with the switch set to R/S? Mine will not work unless it is toggled ON during boot up. Mine worked fine with the last release build.
    Brendan H. Banks
    Cinematographer
    Local 600 IATSE

DSMC2 Gemini #796

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_H_Banks View Post
    Cicero, have you tried booting the camera up with the switch set to R/S? Mine will not work unless it is toggled ON during boot up. Mine worked fine with the last release build.
    I feel like a fool. This was the issue. thanks

Even more tempting to switch from Raven to Scarlet-w now. Hmm...

Guys I havent tested the beta as Im doing some works, do I need to install the latest built 6.3.98 or is better if I wait the official (I suppose) 7? Can I go straight from 6,3.78 or is better if I update to 6.3.98? Thanks!

Jarred im gonna start on a feature in a week should i install this one to epic-w?

Thanks for the tip, Brent! I have a new employer and I am trying to convince them to get a Scarlet-W. But they are wary of the wait times involved. So the more information I can placate them with the better.

I've just got back from a gig and had a chance to update my Epic-W, I love this update! Life just keep getting better and better since I moved to RED!
    Carlos Quintero
    Director & Cinematographer
    mediaonq.com
    701-729-7378
    RED WEAPON HELIUM 8K