Thread: San Francisco Workflow Event - May 18th

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 San Francisco Workflow Event - May 18th 
    Hey SF Bay Area People -

On May 18th, Sam Mestman is going to be up from LA to give a 90 minute or so presentation about how he shot his latest TV pilot on RED and posted it in FCPX. As many of you know, Sam is a great presenter and this event should be very informative as he show how he took his project from script to DCP, all in-house, better, faster, cheaper (and easier).

I would love to see the REDuser community there. Tickets are a modest $10. To be honest, we are only charging so that people commit to coming and don't flake at the end. If you're strapped for cash, PM me and I'll hook you up. :-)

Here's the link for tix: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/off-the...ts-33632162704

See you there!
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W

That should be fun. Sam knows his stuff and is happy to share, which is cool for everyone else that wants to give the FCPX workflow a try. I still have not been able to give 10.3 a shot yet due to current projects and lack of testing machines at the moment. I'm very curious how it stacks up in terms of the new features, new look, and reliability. One big issue I have with 10.3.2 right now is that my izotope plugins constantly crash FCPX. Even RX 6 is crashing it. These are becoming critical plugins for me to have available as one of the reasons I use FCPX is for projects that I want to do color and sound within the NLE.

Since I won't be in SF, any chance you guys may film it and post it at a later date?

Thanks!
    Steve Sherrick

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Sherrick View Post
    That should be fun. Sam knows his stuff and is happy to share, which is cool for everyone else that wants to give the FCPX workflow a try. I still have not been able to give 10.3 a shot yet due to current projects and lack of testing machines at the moment. I'm very curious how it stacks up in terms of the new features, new look, and reliability. One big issue I have with 10.3.2 right now is that my izotope plugins constantly crash FCPX. Even RX 6 is crashing it. These are becoming critical plugins for me to have available as one of the reasons I use FCPX is for projects that I want to do color and sound within the NLE.

Since I won't be in SF, any chance you guys may film it and post it at a later date?

Thanks!
    Hey Steve - We have been so busy promoting the event I haven't had time to check with Sam but I think it's a great idea to record it. I'll see what we can do. Insofar as it's an audience of filmmakers, we should be able to find someone!

Just a reminder to Bay Area people - tickets are still available. Would love to see some RED folks there! Here is the link again:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/off-the...ts-33632162704
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W

Yes, please record it and post it for the rest of us. :)

Bumping this in case some Bay Area peeps want to get tickets.
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W

In a new and exciting development for the upcoming workflow event in the Bay Area, Apple Pro Video Apps Product Marketing will introduce the workflow session and be on hand afterwards to answer questions. . Apple is looking to engage with the Bay Are filmmaking community and good attendance at this event will let them know we'd like to hear more from them. Here is the link again for tickets:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/off-the...ts-33632162704
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W