Thread: Looking for a house to rent for shoot in NY

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Looking for a house to rent for shoot in NY 
    Long shot, but I'm looking for a "middle class suburban" home for a short film shoot end of June for 3 days (Fri-Sun), daylight use only. If you have one, or you know a friend, or you've shot in one before please reach out. Can pay around $1000. Fully insured. Some other Redusers involved in this project also.

I'm having a tough time finding something "cinematic", lots of lofts and smaller brownstones available, but looking for something a little bigger and older but will consider anything at this point. We can go out to NJ a little but would like to keep it within 30mins drive of NYC if possible.

Doesn't help that I'm all the way down in Florida either!

PM if you can help.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Al Lougher; 05-04-2017 at 08:31 AM.

If you were staying in the South Florida area I may be able to help. My go to is usually VRBO.com if I need a last minute location .

If you end up being able to spend some more $$$, there are a bunch of options on Albemarle Rd in BK. Big Brooklyn House is one (http://www.bigbrooklynhouse.com/) and so is the Seery House. They shot that season of GIRLS that's supposed to be Iowa on that street.
    Brendan H. Banks
    DP
    Epic-W Helium #796

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_H_Banks View Post
    If you end up being able to spend some more $$$, there are a bunch of options on Albemarle Rd in BK. Big Brooklyn House is one (http://www.bigbrooklynhouse.com/) and so is the Seery House. They shot that season of GIRLS that's supposed to be Iowa on that street.
    Thanks for the link. Any idea what sort of costs to shoot there? I'm assuming it's 1000's a day!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Al Lougher; 05-05-2017 at 06:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Melin View Post
    If you were staying in the South Florida area I may be able to help. My go to is usually VRBO.com if I need a last minute location .
    We actually ended up moving the production to NY because we couldn't find a suitable house in SF. I did find some on VRBO.com though, but most are way out in NJ.