Thread: COLLABORATION (Red/Lens/Lights = Post/VFX)

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 COLLABORATION (Red/Lens/Lights = Post/VFX) 
    Hey everyone,

I have a red reservation for next January or so.

Meanwhile, I'm building a post/vfx company (3D, compositing, etc.) consisting of two workstations (one will be a dual quad mac with final and color, etc.), 30" lcd monitors, a small renderfarm, and network raid storage.

But then I started to think that maybe I can trade/collaborate with other users who need post and special fx. Then maybe I can use my camera/lights/lens budget to expand my storage and renderfarm.

Because my equipment is in my home and I doubt any red owner would let someone else walk away with their camera (I wouldn't), we would be trading or collaborating equivalent/fair hours of service instead of swapping equipment (we still need people to run the equipment).

By the way, I'm in Los Angeles.

But if you live far away (even in Europe, etc.), and you're working on a really interesting project, maybe we can still work something else out.

Ciao

Ya got a reel online ?

S

Oh, yeah... good point flameop (that's so cool you op a flame)... I did forget to say that it was on condition that you like my work, I like yours, etc.

My partner and I are working on getting a quality reel together and will make it available as soon as we're ready to move forward... still trying to get everything together. :)

I think this collaboration can extend to a lot of people and situations, obviously. I just read a thread that someone wanted to exchange studio time with red camera time, etc. So part of the purpose of this post is to also just bring together people who are willing to collaborate and contribute their resources.

It's a good idea. Will help users get up to speed much quicker. Knowledge is good :-). Were looking at doing exactly this.

s

Talking of collaboration. Have you seen this low budget way... Software that enables Skype users to collaborate online - both sides can see and control the video/audio, set markers etc ..the files first have to be on both computers and then you can work in sync or out of sync.

You can see a flash video about it at: http://www.syncvue.com/movie_bkgd.htm
    Also see:-
    http://www.syncvue.com/index.htm

Interesting.....

Hi Terry,

this syncvue concept is interesting, but i see the problem in sharing (or transfering) exactly the same media between NYC and LA.

Martin

Yes it's nice software, with a new version due out soon. It's more meant for client review sessions than live viewing.

Martin not sure what you mean. You send a QT.. you both have that file and view it. Or you place it on an ftp site and you both view it from there.

Hi flameop,

maybe I understood it wrong: is the purpose of this tool discussing an assembled edit or managing all the editing process?

Martin

great idea, I am in l.a. waiting for my red 7 months , but have a small film production company that is preparing 2 of my short films with strong chances for sundance and a backer for my next project. p.s. my first project is need of cg/comp work can you help?