Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Beta Build v6.4.23

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Devino View Post
    I own a scarlet-w that I got back in march, and recently the left side mount for the LCD stopped communicating with touch input. I only noticed this happening after installing the last 2 rounds of beta firmware. I have perfect picture on the screen and can see all of my settings but can't change any of the settings. The top mount still works perfectly. I have the latest beta firmware installed, I'm thinking either that's the issue, or I have a bad connector on my camera... unless there's a menu setting I'm missing. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    I have the same problem more or less. The monitor does not respond to any input for at least 3-4 minutes (also applies for the record button) and then all of a sudden it works temporarily again for like 2 minutes. I have noticed right before the camera stops responding it focuses from closest to infinity (I had my sigma 35 mounted) while the monitor says "calibrating" and boom after that any input wont register.
    During all of this the monitor is refreshing like normal, the histogram is working as well, its just that any input wont register!

Same here with my SW. I was told to roll back to previous "released" versions. I am currently trying some different beta builds and the 6.4.21 seems to be working ok so far. Any luck on your end?

I'll give 6.4.21 a try. I really want to use the varispeed reference audio for project I'm working on right now so it would be a bummer to have to go back to last release version.
    Director - DP - Editor
    Gemini Owner
    www.mattdevino.com
    Instagram @devocam

Going back to 6.4.21 fixed it for me too. Thanks!
    Director - DP - Editor
    Gemini Owner
    www.mattdevino.com
    Instagram @devocam

god damn!! RED!!!! you just screwed up my shoot.. recording prores does not work!! camera signals it is recording but the file does not get written on the card. This is seriously alarming.. I get Im using beta but in previous beta, this was working all fine!!!

Am I the only person that tests my camera before every single shoot with the settings I'm using, especially while running the beta? Seems like a no-brainer on commercial projects with beta firmware.

Prores recording works for me in 6.4.23 (Prores 422)

PS: I don't shoot beta anymore (since redone build 15) , I'm only testing the future. ;-)

guys. if you are using the wooden camera POGO. Immediately remove it.
    I've had camera shutdown multiple times.
    I tried replacing all my parts one by one. And that was it.
    swapped with the Red lemo A/B adapters and zero problems shooting the next 3 days!
    Not once!!! I put the pogo back in, and CRASH.
    Some reason it doesnt work with this firmware version.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    Prores recording works for me in 6.4.23 (Prores 422)

PS: I don't shoot beta anymore (since redone build 15) , I'm only testing the future. ;-)
    Have you tried burning in IPP2 looks or LUTs? That seems to be the new feature that is completely broken and breaks prores recording.
    Noah Yuan-Vogel | noahyv.com

this is a video camera. the basic function of it is to record image.. plus.. in previous builds, the record was ok.. DO you get it! 6 month after the camera is released and the software is still flaky.. and your camera does not record image you capturing!! Im sorry but wtf!!!