Thread: HELP! Im getting alot of noise !

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've filmed with way less than kino's. If you do have them, it's more about placement of that light, as much as it is about power. Just train yourself to get that histogram in the middle somewhere.

Over the years, I realised that RED sensors love light, so use it appropriately, and well considered.

The Vimeo link looks spotless to me.

One thing I had to get used to when I bought my Red last year was look at the Raw before compression of shows some noise, even when well exposed, but the final output is generally pretty clean.
    ------
    Jwilkinsonstudios.com
    Music.Fashion.Films
    Scarlet Dragon #4909
    Dallas, TX

Black shading can make a difference here too. I've found that if I let my Red get a bit on the hot side before shading the noise levels drop even more.
    Jeremy Neish
    CherryDigital.com

As great as the exposure tools are, bust out that light meter. :) I recommend RG3 over RG4 as it does not crush black as much as RG4, which can hide a bit of noise. Also, the LCD is being scaled down and so noise is not as obvious.

You should also verify that your light meter matches your camera. Sekonic, for example, has a method to calibrate a meter to a camera.

I have the Sekonic, and I have the RED profile on there, I just didn't use it this shoot. didn't make time =/ but I used Reg giant denoiser and it seems to have cleaned it up pretty nice, let me know what you guys think.

I am an Amateur Red Scarlet-X user.
    Faced same noise issue... Black shading helped me in fixing the noise issue.
    Now i have multiple Black shading profiles for every 12C change in temperature and for different shutter speeds.

As everyone said, getting an optimum exposure on Red has a learning curve... i am going through it.

Thanks
    Last edited by Uday Bhaskar Karra; 07-29-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    UDay Bhaskar Karra
    -----------------------
    EPIC-X02970 || Leica R 28mm F2.8 , 35mm F2 , 50mm F2 , 90mm F2 , 35-70mm F4 , 80-200mm F4

The main problem is using that 90degree shutter, why did you oped for that? did you realize you had it at 90? What for if its a sit down interview?

Secondly did you have daylight bulbs or tungsten bulbs in the kinos? RED and most CMOS sensors are balanced for daylight, and don't handle swinging fully to balance for tungsten.

Also no matter what anyone says anywhere, your images should always be checked in raw, which usually matches to around 400iso If you're shooting at 800, you're going to see noise. Personally I shoot everything at iso 400-640 and thats it, I never go above that. That is the cleanest image you'll get from red.