Thread: Red Goldmount Module at Cinegear

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Red Goldmount Module at Cinegear 
    I just got home from Cinegear and came across something very interesting at the Red booth… a Red Goldmount module! I was chatting with a few people at the booth and casually mentioned (again) how I wish Red would build a goldmount module. I’ve always been surprised that they only offered a V-mount solution when most rental houses in LA use Goldmount. Yes, I know Element and Wooden Camera make them (I have several) and so do many other third-party vendors. Anyway, after mentioning it to a few Red employees and expecting them to say the same old thing, “Yeah we get that request a lot but I don’t know if we will make one”, one of them (I won’t say who) pulled this out of the darkness [see photos]. I’m very surprised that I didn’t read about this on Reduser or Jarred’s Facebook page, etc. Is this official or just a prototype? Cost? Release date? I’d love to know more. If this is legit and actually coming to market, this is going to make a lot of people very happy.
    PS Thanks for hosting an awesome party. I went home with a lot of great stories after the W…

Attached Images
    Jeff McCoy
    Camera Car Driver, 1st AC & Drone Pilot
    2x Monstros, Leitz primes, Fujinon & Angenieux zooms, Prestons, Teradeks, OLED monitors, O’Connors, drones, 4x4 sprinter vans & lots more!
    Arm Car: www.ArmCar.com
    Camera Rentals: www.industrialdigital.tv
    Instagram: @Industrial_Digital

Definitely legit. Saw this today as well under similar circumstances. Jared has teased a V-mount version of this on Facebook. Glad they kept a very similar design as to the ones on the Fincher customs. Minus the stripes on the entire plate. Super excited! I think they might announce things tomorrow seeing as Jarred teased a high brightness monitor today.

For those with eagle eyes at NAB 2017:

If we can discern anything, that's going to come in V-Mount and Gold Mount.

And boy would I kill to have that DC on my battery modules. I rig bare bones a lot with just the battery module, so it would be a welcome addition.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Senior Member Christopher Probst's Avatar
    Definitely going to grab this! Nice find Jeff.

No hot swap? :(
    Stuart Graham U.S.
    Stuart Graham Outside of the U.S.

I asked about this at the show as well and got to see the same prototype you took pictures of Jeff. It's definitely coming out- the product rep was kinda saying a few more weeks. It was listed in the RED printed catalog at the show. Not a ton more information that what you would think, but yes, a for real product.

This is legit. Price: Competitive. Release date: "It's coming soon" Notable features: The Aux out, Dtap out, and the DC-In can charge your gold mount batteries!

This is HUGE for me. I sold my two position slim A/B charger for one of those new huge 4 position chargers with the handle on top. While it's a fantastic studio charger, it is big. Very big. And I miss my dual position charger because of its size. Now, with this module, I can bring the DC power adapter (which I was bringing anyway) and that's it. I can burn through a battery or two on a shoot, and charge them back up overnight without having to pack extra luggage. Anxiously awaiting this module.

Now, if they made a Base I/O 3-Stud Expander...............
    @ajt4k

ajt4k.com

REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61

CR Entertainment Technician, Video
    DLR Technical Services
    TWDC, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Thomson View Post
    This is legit. Price: Competitive. Release date: "It's coming soon" Notable features: The Aux out, Dtap out, and the DC-In can charge your gold mount batteries!

This is HUGE for me. I sold my two position slim A/B charger for one of those new huge 4 position chargers with the handle on top. While it's a fantastic studio charger, it is big. Very big. And I miss my dual position charger because of its size. Now, with this module, I can bring the DC power adapter (which I was bringing anyway) and that's it. I can burn through a battery or two on a shoot, and charge them back up overnight without having to pack extra luggage. Anxiously awaiting this module.

Now, if they made a Base I/O 3-Stud Expander...............
    Hey Alexander. Thanks for the details. I guess the weight of this module will increase significantly if its also a charger. That explains why its so thick. No doubt it will be solid though.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

So I placed an order for the Element Technica version of this module March 31st when the RED site said In Stock, 1-2 day delivery... After much back and forth the RED team sent me out a loaner to use in the meantime. Saw the catalog on Friday at Cinegear and was told they are shipping soon. Got a tracking # from Irvine later that day, and got the shipment today and I am stoked and bummed at the same time. When I opened the box, I was surprised (and a bit bummed) to see the old ET design...

I am really interested in the new design, as it does away with the need for a jetpack (to power camera), which I happened to purchase on Friday... So I have two products a $900 Jetpack and a $900 Battery plate and as soon as I open either, (which I will need for this shoot), I can't return them...

Sigh.

Attached are the catalog pages I took pics of at the show.
    Attached Images
    Los Angeles | http://www.dcchavez.com | Helium 8K S35 #6284 | Helium 8K S35 #4573 | @dcchavez

Quote Originally Posted by DC Chavez View Post
    So I placed an order for the Element Technica version of this module March 31st when the RED site said In Stock, 1-2 day delivery... After much back and forth the RED team sent me out a loaner to use in the meantime. Saw the catalog on Friday at Cinegear and was told they are shipping soon. Got a tracking # from Irvine later that day, and got the shipment today and I am stoked and bummed at the same time. When I opened the box, I was surprised (and a bit bummed) to see the old ET design...

I am really interested in the new design, as it does away with the need for a jetpack (to power camera), which I happened to purchase on Friday... So I have two products a $900 Jetpack and a $900 Battery plate and as soon as I open either, (which I will need for this shoot), I can't return them...

Sigh.

Attached are the catalog pages I took pics of at the show.
    Did you notice anything else in that catalogue?

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram