Thread: No touch input on left side LCD port of Scarlet-W

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 No touch input on left side LCD port of Scarlet-W 
    I own a scarlet-w that I got back in march, and recently the left side mount for the LCD stopped communicating with touch input. I have perfect picture on the screen and can see all of my settings but can't change any of the settings. The top mount still works perfectly. I have the latest beta firmware installed, I'm thinking either that's the issue, or I have a bad connector on my camera... unless there's a menu setting I'm missing. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    Director - DP - Editor
    Gemini Owner
    www.mattdevino.com
    Instagram @devocam

Got the same problem straight after updating to most recent firmware, as did someone else who mentioned this issue on a facebook page - likely a common symptom of the update. I've tried performing a hardware rediscover but to no effect. Everything works except the touch functionality

Good to know, I was about to send my camera into Red for repair but I'll wait for the next firmware update. Thanks.
    Director - DP - Editor
    Gemini Owner
    www.mattdevino.com
    Instagram @devocam

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Devino View Post
    I own a scarlet-w that I got back in march, and recently the left side mount for the LCD stopped communicating with touch input. I have perfect picture on the screen and can see all of my settings but can't change any of the settings. The top mount still works perfectly. I have the latest beta firmware installed, I'm thinking either that's the issue, or I have a bad connector on my camera... unless there's a menu setting I'm missing. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.
    Same exact issue here as well...

LCD on left side worked for a while, then stopped...

Senior Member Christopher S Johnson's Avatar
    Hey, any update on this? Same problem with a brand new SW from Red this week... bummer.

The newest beta firmware fixed it for me.

Recently had the same problem. Submitted a support ticket and was advised to roll firmware back one version to V6.3.101 which fixed the problem. They are aware of the issue and mentioned that it will be resolved in the next official release. As far as the current beta version is concerned – I had it installed for a few weeks and would sometimes have the same problem.