Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Phil Holland's PhilmColor Creative 3D Luts for IPP2

Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I've communicated and nagged clearly. Short of me showing up and coding it myself it can't happen any faster unfortunately.

Which really sucks as they are SO DAMN CLOSE to nailing it. Literally just need to integrate the file browser so you can navigate for them.
    With apologies to Aretha Franklin: R-E-S-O-L-V-E / find out what it means to me.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    With apologies to Aretha Franklin: R-E-S-O-L-V-E / find out what it means to me.
    Yep, Resolve works nicely. Still need to integrate a couple things SDK-wise, but less of a frustration.

I'm grumpy because I know productions using Creative Cubes in PP for the big N and this really could be integrated by now.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Hi Phil,

Purchased your LUTs and really excited to put them to use

Are you aware if Adobe has yet streamlined the use of creative LUTs in Premiere for R3Ds? I can't seem to figure out how to correctly implement them in the RED Source Settings. When using them in Lumetri, it doesn't seem like they're placed in the right part of the grading chain

Thank you for any advice and insight!
    Last edited by Kyle R Lancaster; 10-15-2018 at 09:18 AM.
    SCARLET-W
    SLR Magic APO HyperPrimes CINE

Hi Phil, do you know if the latest Oct PPro update has implemented tetrahedral LUT interpolation? It's not mentioned in the release notes so I doubt it but thought you might know if that's still something they're working on. Thanks,
    Corey
    Corey Robson
    1x Epic-W

Quick update peeps.

Been chatting with Adobe and "they know and will add the browser". It's just taking a bit of time as they have a huge queue of features they are adding to Premiere Pro CC.

That said, the current release plays real nice with philmColor and Creative Cubes.

Workflow example would be either set your Creative Cube in REDCINE-X PRO before importing into Premiere Pro CC or if you have clips loaded already you can do the "Reload RMD" via the Master Effects dialogue for the RED Settings. Not so bad. And you can toggle the Creative Cube on and off.

However, I have noticed some fun stuff. If you have more than one Creative Cube within the .RDC folder it will sometimes freak out and choose the furthest down the line alphabetically. Solution, only have one .cube in that directory.

Ideally once they get this sorted out you can just point it to a Creative Cube wherever and it all works.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Robson View Post
    Hi Phil, do you know if the latest Oct PPro update has implemented tetrahedral LUT interpolation? It's not mentioned in the release notes so I doubt it but thought you might know if that's still something they're working on. Thanks,
    Corey
    They do not have Tetrahedral available in Lumetri yet, however the RED SDK does indeed use that interpolation for the Creative Cubes within the Metadata.

So yeah, long story short it's literally like 95% of the way there implemented, with a couple frustrations. However, there has been a nice speed boost recently in the latest release when working with R3Ds that's noticeable.

And just a word on philmColor Release 3. Still in progress, I have a host of new stuff ready now, but there are other things I'm still working on. I've received a lot of requests over the last few months at user groups and various other places. Notably people want "numbered Creative Cubes".

I'd like to emphasize that the baseStocks and printModels are the strongest looks for sure (achromics too because you know B&W), but don't be scared to dig deep into the ghostStocks. Those are truly subtle color-science-ish adjustments.

I've had lots of specific requests for looks I've actually made for productions in the last few months. Some of that will make it's way into the newest release for sure.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

thank you for the update Phil!
    SCARLET-W
    SLR Magic APO HyperPrimes CINE

That all sounds cool! Waiting for the timing in buying PhilmColor this winter, after buying new filters, mattebox and glass.

Looking forward to using these LUTS!!

Hey Phil any news on update?

Hi Phil, got your LUTs. What's the best way to use them if I'm planning to only record prores 4K via EPIC-W. I'm loading them in camera currently. My goal is to have them burned in, so the prores files are ready to go in premiere pro, but wondering if that's the best route to take.

The LUTs look great and looking forward to exploring them! Thanks!

Nikhil
    ---
    Nikhil Kamkolkar
    Writer/Filmmaker: http://www.IndianCowboy.com
    Latest action short film: "LAILA" https://www.facebook.com/thesuddenco...7155058905721/

On Epic-W (not sure about the other cameras), you can't bake in a LUT to 4K ProRes, unfortunately. Only 2K ProRes.