Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Phil Holland's PhilmColor Creative 3D Luts for IPP2

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Man I can't thank you Phil enough, you have made all our lives easier and for free with all you info and test and post.
    Thank you, and can't wait for the down load to stop so I can start playing with these as soon as I can.
    I don't think Im going to get a lot of sleep tonight even though I got a 4 am call.
    Cheers
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Phil,

Very cool. Can't wait to buy and try....

About time you got something back from this community. Many thanks my friend...

Cheers,

Peter

Amen to that!

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    Phil,

Cheers,

Peter
    Alkali Digital
    Director | Cinematographer | Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Scott View Post
    I guess if Phil were so inclined there could be an option of splitting the existing pack into 4 or something?

Pack 1: Base Stocks
    Pack 2: Ghost Stocks
    Pack 3: Print Models
    Pack 4: Tone Adjusts
    I'll think more about splitting up, but honestly I don't think I'm going to do it. Especially since I have an update coming that will include more of each of those and something new. I'd like to keep it the way it is so it makes sense in terms of "free updates". If it does make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Phil.

I'm kind of loving "Robin" BaseStock now
    Robin is indeed based on film :)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    Phil,

Cheers,

Peter
    Thank you Peter! And here I was thinking I was doing something for this community :) Seriously though, IPP2 is pretty mind blowing on it's own. I'm hoping this projects inspires a bit of creativity from the get go on the color side of things while bringing a bit of the film world back into digital. Next update will be even more film-centric.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post
    Man I can't thank you Phil enough, you have made all our lives easier and for free with all you info and test and post.
    Thank you, and can't wait for the down load to stop so I can start playing with these as soon as I can.
    I don't think Im going to get a lot of sleep tonight even though I got a 4 am call.
    Cheers
    Thanks Russ. So far the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. I think there's at least a "few" in there you'll like!
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

great stuff !

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I'll think more about splitting up, but honestly I don't think I'm going to do it. Especially since I have an update coming that will include more of each of those and something new. I'd like to keep it the way it is so it makes sense in terms of "free updates". If it does make sense.
    Fair enough and makes complete sense. Keep up the good work and congrats on the reception to them.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

2018 Reel

Website
    Instagram

I guess that now with Phil's PhilmColor LUTs, Hervoje's Primers, and the new IPP2 - every RED owner should be able to bring out the best of his/her camera.
    Good times ahead...
    "Don't under-estimate the amateur photographer. The latest HW & SW empower him to achieve results just as good as yours".
    Nothing beats a Master Prime!
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H, 24GB RAM, i5-3570K, Intel 520 120GB SSD - Win7 Pro SP1 x64, Dell U2713H 27" 10bit @ 2560x1440@60Hz (via miniDP).

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Next update will be even more film-centric.
    Yes please.

While I fully appreciate supporting Phil, I'm in no position to just throw $ away. Prior to purchasing, I was a little leary of the price, having just fallen head over heals for Contax Zeiss lenses (can't have enough!). But having faith in Phil from his incredible knowledge on RU, I figured it was good karma to purchase these.

Now, I'm in awe. This wasn't expensive: IT"S A STEAL.

Takes my S-W to a whole new level. The skin tones are strikingly beautiful. The detail is almost too good. The process is so simple it saves me tons of time to get what I'm after. I've never used LUTs that are perfectly subtle, yet so powerful. Many LUTs I've used look like a full grade, and very aggressive. These tend to be more like the perfect base. You can happily leave it as is, or dig even deeper if you wish.

It fully leverages the versatility of the RAW codec, yet makes it simple for a novice like me to bring the best out of my imagery.

Thanks Phil!
    VIDEOGRAPHER | DIRECTOR | EDITOR
    RED Scarlet-w #000807
    The Film Boss

Excuse my ignorance, exactly how do I import these into a Creative 3D LUT Manager in the beta Cine-x Pro? I can't even find the Manager.