Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Major Announcement- July 6th

Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152 LastLast
    This will get taken down as have all my other posts, so I guess I'm posting to whomever is doing that.

I haven't said that I'm pretty sure it is glasses manufactured in conjunction with Magic Leap. And while Jim said AR and VR are dead because of the "goggles", he did not say Mixed Reality was dead and made no reference to glasses.

However, since this will not see the light of day I feel secure in posting it now with no danger of stealing Jim's thunder.

Not completely sure how it will work as Magic Leap is very close to the vest, but this has so many uses other than entertainment that they probably haven't scratched the surface yet.

I don't see the glasses as having recording capability... rather as players of pre-packaged apps and such that are true retinal displays. Maybe they will evolve to some sort of hologram-on-demand but I'm thinking they are not there yet. Being an early adopter may mean a first-in-line place to receive upgrades as they are available.

This is IMO the culmination of human/tech interface technology and I think it is age agnostic since it can make the lives of all generations better... and perhaps longer.

Thank you Magic Leap and Jim. And if I am wrong, I will sulk.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    Sorry couldn't resist... The Third Man 1949 "Cuckoo clock speech"... (Yes I know the Swiss do other things too lol).

That's all well and good. And since I'm from Sweden (not the same thing), I don't even feel offended, if that's what a you meant. =)

Have you come up with a credible product that fits Jim's description that you feel confident RED could deliver on a global scale?

Just wanted to point out that Jim Jannard also started a thread last Friday on the Oakley forum entitled "Big Announcement." I'm starting to think they are AR glasses too.

https://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/...uncement.75861

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Álex Montoya View Post
    It has to be an impulsive buy, too. Not sure everyone would jump into projected-to-retina-AR without some previous testing.
    As long as it's not lasers, it shouldn't be much different than being outside a sunny day. It's just light.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

100% it will be a compact still/video camera ....

This all seems like Jim J watched the opening of the 2015 Danny Boyle/Sorkin 'Steve Jobs' film and was inspired by the persistent motif and vision quest presented in that movie of changing the world for everyone.

Dates all line up. For guessing the genesis of this latest product launch correctly I want a free whatever it is.

Thanks.

Guys, I’m spilling the beans... It’s a time machine. I’ve had it for a few months now and it’s so amazing. But I have to remember to be here at 9AM.. Or whatever time it is wherever/whenever I’m at to order today. Otherwise the very fabric of the universe could unravel.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Massive, cheap, incorruptible storage would be very nice as well.

Ok, serious guess now that we are so close...
    A ticket - a ticket to space, but for more of a "consumer" price. You will want to buy more than one for the family/significant other. Space, time, even the ecology point of view (seeing the earth from out there can change your perspective). Virgin Galactic gets it's lunch eaten.
    Either that or a Segway replacement. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Luca Volpe View Post
    100% it will be a compact still/video camera ....
    THAT i want more than glasses, cellphones and wrist watches, even if they with the Red logo