Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Major Announcement- July 6th

Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Okay. I've been thinking on this - and my new guess is:

Direct to brain communication (imaging)
    Now you're talking! For a long time I've been wanting something to capture what I see, how I see it, without the barrier of technology! Oh, and a way to turn it off securely too! ;-)

My Guess:

Launching a satellite which will provide crazy fast internet speed for streaming 4k+ video, there will be a limited amount of 'seats' available -a certain amount of broadband that you can have allocated towards your account for anyone who streams your videos:)

Quote Originally Posted by Axel Mertes View Post
    Maybe the price for Vatu Vara Island travels gets lowered and now its for everyone of us (Not just Jarred and Jim) and we all can have a drink at Jim's Bar & Grill:

Jim's Bar & Grill
    A favourite nook of the island, Jim's Bar & Grill offers casual breakfast and lunch, beachside dining, wood fired pizza, barefoot BBQs, or a cultural evening in the adjacent outdoor amphitheatre featuring a meke, Fiji's traditional island dance.

http://vatuvara.com/#CulinaryExperienceLocations

You all know that location, if you follow Jim's and Jarreds posts. Such a nice place! If there is one reason to be jealous: THIS IS IT.

:-)
    And of course there is not a word about price, except that it is no doubt paralyzingly expensive. I don't understand this kind of marketing, how on earth can I know what dates I would like to travel without knowing how much it will cost me first? Does it cost as much as a RED ONE or a Weapon 8K with all the trimmings?

Update: Much to my surprise, rates are available elsewhere on the web. You have a choice of three distinct villas at $5,375 per night, $5,750 per night or $7,250 a night.
    Last edited by David Dennis; 07-03-2017 at 01:16 PM. Reason: I found the answer :)
    How much do you REALLY know about RED? Take the RED Trivia Challenge!, now just $1.99! (iTunes store link, for iPhone and iPod Touch).

I am trying to use all my skills as mentalist to read Jarred's mind...will let you know later !! :-O

Ironically, this is a 'number crunching' problem whose 'training' from an electroencephalograph in acceptable timescales will require advances in machine learning and reduction in power (wattage).

The first uses of this technology are using Supercomputers (not optimised for Machine Learning) to help distinguish Good brains from Bad Brains to help with diagnosis (& treatment) of illnesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    Okay. I've been thinking on this - and my new guess is:

Direct to brain communication (imaging)
    As what is being created is under the RED banner, I am (still) of the opinion that what will be revealed will be a complimentary creative tool.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Newman View Post

As what is being created is under the RED banner, I am (still) of the opinion that what will be revealed will be a complimentary creative tool.

AJ
    Did Jim or Jarred confirm this will be a "RED" product?
    Mark L. Pederson

Senior Member JeanChristophe Dupasquier's Avatar
    Something fun would be: recording your dreams and save them as video. Might wanna use encryption tho :)

Banned
    Lytro light field tech with a massive R3dcode implementation would be a dream... or just keep it simple: RPP 2. They'll be so good, they're in their own category ;-))))

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Probably enough. Let's stick to the announcement.
    Will you keep (and use) SNs #000000000001 to #000000000005 ?
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

So Jim and team are very smart and inventive. This we know. They love to level up and challenge themselves. This we know. As much as they love images it would be my guess that from a business sense this market is now too small for the energy they would need to level up. So it has to be a general market idea that is not limited by a niche audience. Anything short of disruptive and game changing would not be enough of a challenge. With, of course, incedible return on investment intellectually, financially and otherwise. What that is I guess we'll find out Thursday. But I'm sure the fireworks aren't stopping on the 4th. Best of luck. See you Thursday.