Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Hint...

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    I hope it's a new NES CLASSIC.

It has to be something we find useful. Something that after its revealed we can't live without. A Revolution.

What is it there that hasn't been revolutionised much?

In our field, I think Audio and probably stabilisation still have ways to be revolutionised at a reasonable, can buy more than one price. If its to be affordable" it needs to be done and sold in big numbers. Something that's not a small niche... Hmm...
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I think it's been stated it's not a drone, but I'd love to be able to get someway to get redcode 4K footage without having to fly a heavy camera. So a version of the camera for drones...? maybe it just stores the raw footage and it gets converted to redcode during post?
    ---
    Nikhil Kamkolkar
    Writer/Filmmaker: http://www.IndianCowboy.com
    Latest action short film: "LAILA" https://youtu.be/wq0z8F-LJww

I think there are mostly two ways for making money:

1) Create a valueable product for a niche market and get a reasonable share in that market by having the right price/performance ratio. RED cameras have been such a product, which opened a much smaller niche to a wider niche, but still a niche (given world population and RED camera popularity among "normal" poeple).

2) Create a mass product. Something that still needs to fit a price/performance ratio and hopefully not just resembles something existing, but create a new class of product by its own. Like the invention of the first smart phone etc.

So I personally would rule out any low price addition dream for RED cameras as add-ons, that makes no sense. Thats what RED is doing all the time, bringing new modules. Thats definetly not something Jim would do in years of work in back-office.
    Whatever it really is, its MUCH BIGGER than that. It must be. And Jim said that loud and clear in his posts.

success = profit * users

So to get big success, you need to balance and max out the parameters profit vs. users. The more users you have, the cheaper you may be able to manufacture (while that is a curve fading smoothly in the long run, so at a given point it doesn't have a big effect anymore). The cheaper you can make the product and sell the product, the more users you might be able to attract. Then there is the price / performance thing, that convinces users to join the band wagon. What Jim is doing here, is guerilla marketing and crerating hype - and we all (Jim, his team, us) hope its worth it. Hopefully we will know in a few hours. Im pretty confident in what he does, given his track record.

I think everyone can judge on the potential of speculated inventions here...

My personal favorite are the Dinos ;-)
    Axel Mertes, CTO/Founder
    Magna Mana, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, www.MagnaMana.com
    RED ONE-MX#110, EPIC-X#1235

Should be the LASER projector, no?
    Sunless Films - Independent films production and distribution : Website

I think then it should be a holographic projector, creating 3D without glasses for multiple viewers.

Cameron just announced that Avatar sequels may be presented that way using technology they are developing with Christie. However, this is in so early stage, I won't think they manage to get it for a full theater anytime soon...

So as much as I still want a great laser projector for my home cinema, as much I would be surprised if it is really a projector.
    Axel Mertes, CTO/Founder

This is the intriguing part of the hint - "And if you don't tell your friends they will be pissed that they missed out."

Why?
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

Maybe there will be a very good initial offer, and who misses that will be late in line or have to pay a higher price?
    Axel Mertes, CTO/Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    And if you don't tell your friends they will be pissed that they missed out.
    Ok, i'll try... But you imagine a group of family/friends who i have annoyed for years with my excitement for every single RED-announcement.
    Now i'll have to tell them that there is "something" coming that they will have to stay awake for and might instantly buy.

You can imagine the questions they'll ask? Probably something like "What is it?" ... that's just a wild guess. :-P Then i'll be lost. At least until it's out. Let's hope they'll not assume i'm in a sect now or think i'm crazy and bring me to a madhouse. Hehehe.

Love your games, can't wait to see what you've cooked up. Whatever it is, it will make something in Star Trek look like old tech again. I'm pretty sure of that.
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.art
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4

Some kind of awesome shoes, that really changes travel, is my guess