Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN... added color.

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
  #1 HYDROGEN... added color. 
    So… very interesting day to say the least. I love some of the reactions.

In no particular order, let me take a few swings here.

The Holographic Display.
    It is incredible. It is multi-view (4-view) as compared to stereo 3D (2-view). Watching shocked faces light up when people see it is really motivating. There is no good way to describe it until you see it. Hopefully we will get some skeptics eyes on it soon… then they can tell you.

Our display is technology you haven’t seen before. It is not lenticular, which is inferior tech in every way, has been tried many times before and failed for good reason. (see Amazon 3D Fire, LG Optimus, etc). Lenticular display dramatically lowers resolution, cannot be turned off for standard 2D content, only works in one direction (usually landscape), has color crosstalk… to name just a few issues. My bet is that other “big” companies will try to re-package lenticular 3D displays with eye-tracking in response to our program. Don’t fall for it.

Why did some Redusers blindly order HYDROGEN today without even reading the release? This seems incredible to those unfamiliar with the RED program. Over the past 10 years RED has gone from scam (announcing the impossible) to delivering the impossible… over and over. Our core customers have seen and participated in this process and have stories to tell. Apparently we have earned their “blind trust” because we have not let them down. We understand that those unfamiliar with our history will certainly not get this.

Some additional details. One website said it was unclear whether HYDROGEN came with a battery. Let me assure you that it does. :-)

It also comes with internal storage and an external micro SD card slot. And a headphone jack. A selfie camera and a back camera. These cameras will not produce cinema quality images. No cell phone does. What we will have is a modular system that adds image quality well beyond any other camera short of our professional cameras. Remember that we have a lot of elbow room on this front. Our Weapon Helium sensor scored 108 on DXOMark.com That beat the Sony A7RII by 10 full points.

https://www.dxomark.com/Reviews/RED-...me-high-score2

So why do we feel we can make a difference in the cell phone market? Because we are doing everything different and (we feel) better. That is the only way to enter a market. That was the thinking behind Oakley. It was the thinking when we released the RED ONE. Same formula. Make something significantly better and you have a reason to be.

We look forward to releasing many more details and specs about the project as time goes along. Anytime you don’t like what you see, full refund for any reason spoken here. However… be prepared to be surprised on the upside. It only gets better the more information you have.

Today we saw the full range from “complete trust” to “hard skepticism”. I have seen this before… many times actually. Makes me smile.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Awesome! I bought a Ti because I know that you have never steered me wrong!
    But I'm still holding on to my iPhone for now...

Doing it again Jim!
    RED Raven #001641
    AVStarFilms

Very cool project indeed...

I have no skepticism whatsoever on this, in fact I'm smiling too ;))

Executive Producer, Director, DP, Cinematographer
    Red pioneer: RED One 0008, Red One "London", Red One "Hollywood", Epic M 0008, Epic X (2)
    Golden Gate 3D - www.gg3d.com
    http://www.artbeats.com/footage/search?fh44=1 (Artbeats Gibby RED Collection)

I'm already in deep, water seems fine :)
    Jason Diamond
    The Diamond Bros.
    Frame.io
    @jasondiamond

1 x Monstro VV Stormtrooper / 1 x 8Ks35 HELIUM Stormtrooper
    Leica-R Duclos Cinemod 16mm-180mm

Well Jim, all I see when I looked at that Hydrogen image is "potential", which gets me excited about what it can mean as a platform as well as how to incorporate it into my professional workflow with RED cameras.

My first two questions:
    - Is the Titatium version a "black titanium"?
    - Can Hydrogen produce 4K video files?

Ordered a few in the first minute. I'm excited.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Biggest question on my mind is content. How easy is it going to be to make .h4v files, what kind of technology is required?

Cross posting from the other thread:

I'm functionally blind in one eye. There's a surgery that has a chance of restoring stereo vision for me but I'm not super hopeful. I still love experiencing Video Game VR though, because moving around objects does give me a pretty interesting sense of being there. So my questions are; does this device still have a place for me if I never regain my stereo vision? And is it a helpful tool if I only use it in 2D?
    Alex Mitchell
    DCPi Film Services
    www.dcpi.ca

Thanks Jim. Excited to learn more.
    Jacob Schwarz
    Director / DP
    www.jacobschwarz.net
    Monstro 8K (Storm) 33 / Forged Helium 8K #29 / Epic-W
    Follow Me: Twitter / YouTube

I admit I pressed the buy button before even reading what it was. ;)