Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN Update July 25th.

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    6. The current offer to order early will expire soon. Jump on or suffer remorse.

Jim
    Jim, about the discount. I have been waiting for a camera phone that can do at least 3 point quality 4kp50 (visually lossless) filming with good controls for less than $1000, or some higher quality sub $3000 camera solution. The better the quality package, the higher the price. Without knowing the camera can do these things before the discount ends, I can not make an honest decision. Also, if the multipoint module and phone will be less than $2k or more? The issue is not just performance, but lifespan and fragility of phones. A ten year rugged solution is worth more for myself.

I'm waiting to buy the first thing that suites that comes out, even if only single sensor rugged camera.

The discount, can it be made to last until after filming details are released Jim?

Also, in respect to what I am after and ordering the hydrogen and the multipoint camera module, which way should I look?

Thanks again. Keep up the good fight.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini View Post
    Jim, about the discount. I have been waiting for a camera phone that can do at least 3 point quality 4kp50 (visually lossless) filming with good controls for less than $1000, or some higher quality sub $3000 camera solution. The better the quality package, the higher the price. Without knowing the camera can do these things before the discount ends, I can not make an honest decision. Also, if the multipoint module and phone will be less than $2k or more? The issue is not just performance, but lifespan and fragility of phones. A ten year rugged solution is worth more for myself.

I'm waiting to buy the first thing that suites that comes out, even if only single sensor rugged camera.

The discount, can it be made to last until after filming details are released Jim?

Also, in respect to what I am after and ordering the hydrogen and the multipoint camera module, which way should I look?

Thanks again. Keep up the good fight.
    Wayne, on the off-chance this makes it to your inbox, you can opt out and get your money back if the specs don't suit you. You will surely know the specs before delivery, so there is essentially no risk vs high reward.

OBTW... I have six of these on order. '-)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Maybe this phone could be the backbone of a new Internet altogther.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Just order one Wayne.
    It's fully refundable at any time...
    It's about trust with Jim. He rewards those that trust him.

Wayne, the pre-order payments are fully refundable for any reason prior to delivery. If you make the payment there will probably be enough details released closer to the release date to still allow you to bail out if you want.

The information we have so far says the extra modules (better camera with swap-able lens mounts etc.) won't be available though when the first Hydrogen One base module is released, so you might be waiting for a while to find out just what the Hydrogen One with modules can actually do and how much they'll cost.

Just my opinion, but I think the Hydrogen with modules will end up being the highest-quality compact image-capture device there is. Even if it falls short of your expectations, nobody else will be doing anything better.

I think we will get a better idea of capability about the module sooner. But the issue with the module is if it's $2k-$5k which we find out after the phone comes.

I was getting ready to pull on a new upcoming galaxy. Even if I don't get one, I would be happy to see the industry get this sort of product I have been dreaming of for it for so long.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.

Frankly, my spidey hairs have been tingling for a long time.

There has been a 4 camera 3D phone out for years, but using 4 front fullHD cameras. The reason why there are not more 4 rear camera in place of two, is likely uncompetitiveness which is very common these days. It basically one 8k circuit for 4 4k cameras, or one 4k for 4 fullHD, or 4kp100 for 4 4kp25/24. We may see the industry lifttjeur came after seeing this, but likely to see lower quality, but maybe some with higher. There are issues of how far you can push saving to storage, visually lossless 24-40 (extremely generous, but 4 cameras allows a massive saving in compression overlap) which is over 20MB/s, even 10MB/s, double for h264. But no cfast. To get descent frame rates you can double or quadruple.

Ahh, my eyes have cleared up, I thought that was Karim's picture I was replying too, sorry Luke.

Senior Member Mike 'Fireman' Ross's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

3. Major world carrier signed to carry HYDROGEN in all stores… will announce soon.

Jim
    Jim a plea here? I get good mileage out of Google Fi - it's especially good for international data. Hopefully the wireless chipset will be one that supports Fi...?

Mike
    'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
    Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
    For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'

RED SCARLET-X #513, 'Hekla'
    RED EPIC DRAGON #2229, 'Katla'
    RED ONE MX #10066, 'Askja'

Looks like MKBHD will be showing off the working prototype in the near future.

Taken from his snapchat.

Co-Founder of Threefold
    www.Threefold.tv
    EPIC-W #109
    North Dakota