Thread: 90,000 dollar Red stolen in armed robbery during shoot in Oakland

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think maybe paying for official city permits and hiring a couple of off-duty cops for security is a good idea in any rough area. And that goes for NY, LA, Chicago, Miami, anywhere.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Too bad in California things like this is not a qualified reason as "good cause" for concealed carry license >:(
    http://www.GTsai.com
    http://fuzeti.com/
    DSMC2 Helium 7572
    "Sanity is for the weak!" - Dawn of War
    "I do not suffer from schizophrenia, I quite enjoy it...
    And so do I "-EA

The idea of having an overworked and overstressed crew having access to firearms mid production......
    ----------------------------------------------------------

2018 Reel

Website
    Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by George Tsai View Post
    Too bad in California things like this is not a qualified reason as "good cause" for concealed carry license >:(
    thats why its called commiefornia and not a FREE STATE.CA residents losing their rigths day by day.Im from Turkey even most of you guys would afraid to come here because of the name.In last 20 years nobodys equipment got stolen in Istanbul and none of my friends got robbed.
    EPIC-X DRAGON 7424

Senior Member Donald MJ Anderson's Avatar
    RUN AND GUN
    Red One #3**
    Epic-W

Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    thats why its called commiefornia and not a FREE STATE.CA residents losing their rigths day by day.Im from Turkey even most of you guys would afraid to come here because of the name.In last 20 years nobodys equipment got stolen in Istanbul and none of my friends got robbed.
    Haha thats a joke. And truly uncorrect, its also so offensive to use this forum to propagate such nonsense... I resisted responding but... you are just wrong, theft is not just street crime. In turkey a whole TV station LOST EVERYTHING i guess since its the government its oKAY? its not theft? FACT IS.. OVER 50,000 people have been arrested and detained unlawful in your dictatorship of a country since last year. Journalists are arrested or killed. Social media is blocked....so maybe you didn't have the info?

California makes the stuff that you want, lets start with red cameras, and google, and facebook etc... the cost of a FREE SOCIETY is things happen, like crime, like free press, like desent. In California, and in American, You can't just lock up all the people you don't like in a jail. You can't just ban people from traveling because you are the president. Thank God for the rule of law.

heres just a tiny taste of how journalists, tv makers, filmmakers are treated in turkey
    Journalists jailed in turkey https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/w...s-erdogan.html
    TV station stolen by the government https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/b...p-erdogan.html
    Last edited by Nathan L Collett; 07-30-2017 at 12:27 PM.
    Nathan Collett
    cinematographer & filmmaker
    EPIC-W Helium #3790

nathancollettfilm.cargo.site

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    I think maybe paying for official city permits and hiring a couple of off-duty cops for security is a good idea in any rough area. And that goes for NY, LA, Chicago, Miami, anywhere.
    Yup. Rules are there to protect you as well :) filmmakers are always 'rebelling' but sometimes just following the rules can save you...
    Nathan Collett
    cinematographer & filmmaker
    EPIC-W Helium #3790

nathancollettfilm.cargo.site

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan L Collett View Post
    Haha thats a joke. And truly uncorrect, its also so offensive to use this forum to propagate such nonsense... I resisted responding but... you are just wrong, theft is not just street crime. In turkey a whole TV station LOST EVERYTHING i guess since its the government its oKAY? its not theft? FACT IS.. OVER 50,000 people have been arrested and detained unlawful in your dictatorship of a country since last year. Journalists are arrested or killed. Social media is blocked....so maybe you didn't have the info?

California makes the stuff that you want, lets start with red cameras, and google, and facebook etc... the cost of a FREE SOCIETY is things happen, like crime, like free press, like desent. In California, and in American, You can't just lock up all the people you don't like in a jail. You can't just ban people from traveling because you are the president. Thank God for the rule of law.

heres just a tiny taste of how journalists, tv makers, filmmakers are treated in turkey
    Journalists jailed in turkey https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/20/w...s-erdogan.html
    TV station stolen by the government https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/22/b...p-erdogan.html
    what this have to do with Turkish politics or Erdogan? just gave istanbul as an example noting more.You could replace it with another middle east city.I was talking about robbing at gunpoint theft etc. You can ask other people too they must have been in Turkey many times i bet.
    If you are mad about FREE STATE word, i said that word for stupid gun laws in california state.
    EPIC-X DRAGON 7424

Well, this turned into bullshit pretty quickly, didn't it.
    Scarlet Dragon
    Scarlet-W

Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    You play with fire-you get burned. Simple as that....
    What a gutless remark.

I had a very close friend of mine who worked on that reality shoot who experienced that horrible situation not because they wanted to get "burned" but because that person was required to do so according to what their keys and producers told my friend to do. Yes, I think it's very irresponsible of the above the line to let a small and non-secured crew to shoot in a shady neighborhood at night, but making statements like that is just tasteless and disrespectful to the rest of the crew who didn't really have much say in the matter and tried to do their jobs to the best of what was asked of them. It's NOT as simple as that....