Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN hands on video from MKBHD

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Those YouTube comments are poison. What the hell is wrong with people?
    Alex Mitchell
    DCPi Film Services
    www.dcpi.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dishler View Post
    I think I get it, it will look like you are looking through a window at an image inside that is 3-D, like looking through the glass doors to a building and seeing the lobby inside. The 3-D world is deep to the surface of the phone, not projected above it. As you move the phone around, the image changes giving different vantage points of the same structures. Clever!
    exactly. that's my theory and i'm stickin' to it. i think it should be fairly easy to generate fully 3d generated imagery at least, and that should lend itself to some cool digital art. virtual reality should be really awesome with this device.
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"
    paulherrin.com

3.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #23  
    You can generate .h4v (holographic 4-View) by shooting 4 cameras (we are building solutions from consumer to professional), or by converting 3D to .h4v (very easy), or converting 2D to 3D (very hard) and then to .h4v.

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Jim,
    Will the added modules like the lens options be available at launch or at a later date?

BTW, did I read that it could also serve as a wireless video display for our Helium or was I dreaming?

looking forward to getting my hands on ours!!

thanks, Greg

www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K VV Dragon coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    You can generate .h4v (holographic 4-View) by shooting 4 cameras (we are building solutions from consumer to professional), or by converting 3D to .h4v (very easy), or converting 2D to 3D (very hard) and then to .h4v.

Jim
    So is that 2 phones (each with two lenses) or 4 phones required for 4-view shooting? And is it 4 phones for shooting 4-view, or could you just use 4 RED cine cameras?

Thanks!
    Reuben Evans
    Filmmaker
    Executive Producer Faithlife TV/Faithlife Films
    http://FaithlifeTV.com

8K Weapon S35
    RED RAVEN
    4 Scarlet MX
    RED Rocket-X
    FCPX
    DaVinci Resolve
    Leica R Primes

Quote Originally Posted by Elias Tejeda View Post
    I think they'll probably go EF mount via module
    Shit made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

Jim
    This is a sentence I never thought I'd read...

(Ordered btw).

Quote Originally Posted by Akin A View Post
    I like the idea of the dedicated Record button on the side.
    No sarcasm, we need to be able to record the police instantly, without too many button presses and swipes.
    Interesting comment. Though maybe the police should have these as their new badge cams. At least they would be more dependable than current..

Red is just bad ass! Cameras now phones and I love to see new things from you guys and I just watched return of the Raven video but now you can buy it from Apple. Crazy stuff =)

Really just hoping this is the ultimate monitor, gyro for stabilization, 3d scanning module, module that leapfrogs the RED even further...

Tried to get friends to order but try telling people a phone takes holograms...