Thread: Scanse - open source lidar type 3d scanner

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Scanse - open source lidar type 3d scanner 
    Hello
    I was wondering if anyone in the blender world come across the Scanse 3d scanner.
    http://scanse.io/
    I am looking for a solution to help scan spaces in 3d for Vfx shots and this looks very interesting.*
    I have no idea how it can be integrated with blender.
    Any thoughts are most welcome.

Might try over at Blenderartist.org instead of here. I have not seen this before and I pretty much do everything in Blender right now for vfx. Not sure how I could integrate it either. Maybe some artists over at the blender forum can help out.
    Post Production Supervisor
    DIT
    Colorist
    dmorrison91@me.com

Quantum Arc Media
    IMDB

Scarlet-Dragon 5611 "Centurion"
    RED One M 1948 "The Peacemaker"

Thanks for the reply. I was being lazy on copying a thread that launched on blenderartists.
    Good to hear i am not alone in the blender Vfx dept.
    I thought that Scanse would inspire red to come up with an integrated solution, but I suppose that they are more interested in telephony.

4. #4 3D sensor + Blender 
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Lowden View Post
    Hello
    I was wondering if anyone in the blender world come across the Scanse 3d scanner.
    http://scanse.io/
    I am looking for a solution to help scan spaces in 3d for Vfx shots and this looks very interesting.*
    I have no idea how it can be integrated with blender.
    Any thoughts are most welcome.
    I used to deal with both Scanse and Kinect, but since both projects are rested in peace, I chose the 3D sensor from Intel (RealSense R200). Working with Blender is easy enough, I scanned using Artec software (trial version), then convert the 3d file from .obj format to .ply for editing in Blender.