Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: TIME AND DATE ISSUE...really?

Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Stevens View Post
    Yes, any insights, anyone?
    I've got an insight; are they gonna do the same thing for DSMC1?

But seriously, that sounds like a step in the right direction (though it could be something completely different than what you'd expect).
    Last edited by Mike P.; 05-09-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Please explain..lIm quite bored to have to take the camera with me everywhere just because if I leave at home for more than one week the battery will die....can’t stand this anymore..,,

Again - I just forgot to set date and time before a shoot on Saturday after the camera has not been used for a couple of days. Is this issue solved with the DSMC2 line? This is really annoying...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulf Krentz View Post
    Again - I just forgot to set date and time before a shoot on Saturday after the camera has not been used for a couple of days. Is this issue solved with the DSMC2 line? This is really annoying...
    In case anybody is interested, unfortunately still the same after the DSMC2 board upgrade.

Ok so my DSMC1 Dragon has started to not remember the timebase settings after switching off, it reverts to 23.98fps at 1/48 shutter. The clock had also reset so figured the small internal battery had gone.. so stripped it down to replace the 2032 coin cell as figured this was the culprit! Now the time is fine and remembering correctly after switch off but other project settings still reset every time it's switched off. Is there more than one internal battery then? I am reading about leaving the camera on to charge the internal battery but those coin cells aren't rechargable at all in my knowledge. Really annoying as i run mostly at 25fps and have to set this every time I switch it off! Also my colour settings are resetting to a horrible saturated look!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Rogers View Post
    Ok so my DSMC1 Dragon has started to not remember the timebase settings after switching off, it reverts to 23.98fps at 1/48 shutter. The clock had also reset so figured the small internal battery had gone.. so stripped it down to replace the 2032 coin cell as figured this was the culprit! Now the time is fine and remembering correctly after switch off but other project settings still reset every time it's switched off. Is there more than one internal battery then? I am reading about leaving the camera on to charge the internal battery but those coin cells aren't rechargable at all in my knowledge. Really annoying as i run mostly at 25fps and have to set this every time I switch it off! Also my colour settings are resetting to a horrible saturated look!
    Leaving the camera on to charge the internal battery is only on DSMC2 bodies. Maybe your issue is a internal hardware problem but maybe is one of the modules failing. Try to power the camera naked without side handle or any other module and connected to the ac adapter. Also you can try upgrading or downgrading the firmware. If nothing work send a log file to Red and they will tell you what to do.
    Good luck!