Thread: Narcos Season 3: Looks great....but

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Finished season 3 tonight and was amazed at how the tempo and storylines picked up over the last seven episodes. Everything got better, seems that they all found the groove. Looking forward to Mexico and season 4, but it's probably going to get a lot more violent.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

I've read that thread before watching the first episode and I was a bit worried... Will my favorite show disappoint me in its third season?
    I fell asleep in the middle of episode one as I was jet lagged, story wise I wasn't really into it and photo wise not really impressed...
    Next day I watched three episodes in a row and it was hard not to watch a fourth one... I was hooked, I really enjoyed all the characters, their psychologies but also the different moods between Bogota, Cali and New York, the soundtrack being tracks from my teenage day also caught me.
    I watched the last episode last night and this season is my favorite, can't wait for the one in Mexico.
    In terms of cinematography, I really enjoyed all the night scenes, inside or outside, I also really digged the bokeh on some close-up shots, it seems to highlights some faces during dialogues.
    Sets and wardrobes are amazing too and those night scenes in New York when Cheppe walks in the street with his yellow puff jacket are all time.
    In terms of action, how intense is that scene when they decide to catch Miguel Rodriguez for the second time? I was breathless...
    In the all season, cinematography seems more "modern" or "actual" than the previous ones but it was adding so much intensity to both characters and story that I will watch it again with a lot of pleasure.
    Glad you created that thread David, it made my Narcos experience even better, watching the show with even more attention.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housings
    L/K-rtel
    Capbreton, France
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

Does anyone know what Season 4 is shot on? I've heard dragon and hawk anamorphic but that maybe Reddit speculation, although IMDB backs up the Hawk bit. Definitely looks anamorphic but cropped to 2:1? Very lovely, vintage-y, different, just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Hooper View Post
    Does anyone know what Season 4 is shot on? I've heard dragon and hawk anamorphic but that maybe Reddit speculation, although IMDB backs up the Hawk bit. Definitely looks anamorphic but cropped to 2:1? Very lovely, vintage-y, different, just curious.
    I know that the Dp Luis Sansans owns a lomo anamorphic set. I am also curious about what lenses they used. I talked with him a week ago but I did not ask for this question. I love the cinematography of this season, the mood and the aesthetics is different than the others.

Edit: our friend google has the answer:

https://www.vantagefilm.com/en/news/...r-narcos-10866
    Last edited by Benjamin Cabral; 12-26-2018 at 10:46 PM.