Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Mark Toia for JEEP.

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    BLOODY GREAT IMAGERY!!

Stunning.
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

Great imagary!
    But don't forget how powerful sound is. Sound gives you the emotion of the final film. Well done, Mark!

Regarding color, after shooting with my EpicW for a year now, and especially with IPP2, I think there is not even much colorgrading done here. Colors out of Helium are fantastic and very natural. Just my feeling, but I could be wrong.

Damn, now I'm not sure what I want more. A Jeep or a Red.

Awesome work Mark!

Really. Great. Stuff.

Everything RED images are and can be is in this piece.

Great work Mark and great work RED.

David
    "Colors are the wounds of light."
    -William Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Omar N View Post

Awesome work Mark!
    Me, I want Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    From your perspective perhaps. Maybe the folks featured in the video, and others in the world, come from a different point of view other than one of Western consumer values and colonial righteousness. Hard to say if they all knew how their images were to be used to sell a product. That's on the Director / Producer / Jeep - not Mark. Fuckin solid cinematography tho. Mark should be shooting big budget feature films. Mad skillz
    Assuming you are talking WWII Jeeps being connected to colonial righteousness, or maybe just the fact it is (sorta) American made (but Italian owned?) I doubt the people in the images are so historically culturally conscious that they would not have allowed Mark to shoot them on principle... more likely they allowed it based on principal. '-)

Still, the idea that Jeep would be associated with "colonial righteousness" reminds me of the recent flap where a woman tried to paint Hobby Lobby as racist because they had a display showing a cotton plant. The woman tried to connect that to racism since her forbears picked cotton. People like her playing the race card is what is causing the voting public to play the Trump card.

And I still contend that black people with slavery in their family history should give thanks to those ancestors for undergoing their trials and tribulations and thus allowing for the current generations to be born into the U.S. as citizens rather than those people being left in Africa and their get being born into disease, wars, poverty... village life.

They should also quit trying to guilt the white man for buying the slaves from the black African slavers. Not saying they should be celebrated in any form or fashion... just accept that as part of the evil that was necessary for current generations here because of the slave trade, to have better conditions than most of their African counterparts.
    Last edited by Elsie N; 10-04-2017 at 08:43 AM.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Top shelf, as always, Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    From your perspective perhaps. Maybe the folks featured in the video, and others in the world, come from a different point of view other than one of Western consumer values and colonial righteousness. Hard to say if they all knew how their images were to be used to sell a product. That's on the Director / Producer / Jeep - not Mark. Fuckin solid cinematography tho. Mark should be shooting big budget feature films. Mad skillz
    Are they not selling Jeeps into India*?

Personally I think it's patronizing to assume (in general in this case), "Cultural appropriation/cultural exploitation". India has a space program and pretty killer IT ecosystem that serves the world. India is a very aspirational country (in spite of a caste system)... I'm sure there are more than a handful literal Gurus that would think a Jeep is pretty awesome but might actually prefer a Mercedes or a BMW YKWIM? India has pretty amazing film industry and long history of it's own, so I don't think India (in general) is overly precious about what it might export culturally? And as far as the amazing imagery here I think any Indian or for that matter World citizen would "Get it". I'm sure everyone that took part in this had an absolute blast.

Not 100% sure on the locations, India, Nepal, Tibet?

[Of course I'm wondering how the imagery might have been if this was shot in 3D (also) as the range of space, texture and color (and tone) is absolutely spell binding + amazing dynamics (and probably not something that will be re-shot any time soon) ]...

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

* I feel like saying did Jeep India know it was making a commercial for RED cameras? lol.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/2017-jeep...n-2017-1460094

(No affiliation with Jeep India or Jeep USA etc. ).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Omar N View Post

Awesome work Mark!
    A RED!!!!

Just throwing this out there... It seems there is a few of us "industry professionals" who are maybe not seeing this for what it is.
    A great example of cinematography and imaging. There is are some political and social views attached to the comments here that I feel could be better served in a different forum.
    This was shot to look great and to feature a product in a colorful and exotic environment that would make you take a second look. Not as any social statement on who in the images could or would like to buy or afford the product or what it represents in other contexts...

Come on lets take it for what it is. A great example of production and imagery work. Nice job Mark..

End rant.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/