Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Mark Toia for JEEP.

Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    LOL you guys crack me up . . . "don't discuss topics other than camera gear on RU" . . . but . . . 'let me tell you how every Indian person thinks about the amazing marvel called Western Industrial Development'. If you don't want to discuss things other than gear and image quality . . . then maybe stop with the greenhouse grown Western POV ;-)

"They are eager to get the big factories to their towns"
    "I'm sure there are more than a handful literal Gurus that would think a Jeep is pretty awesome but might actually prefer a Mercedes or a BMW"

India is a country of 1.3 Billion (4X USA) people and is considered to be the most diverse spiritually, politically and culturally place on the planet. To even suggest that there is any kind of consensus of Indians lusting after all things Western is laughable. Many there have moved way beyond the adolescent human condition called materialism . . . like literally 2000 years ago.

To the OP: Mark is the man, a huge asset to RED and would be the guy any Director should trust to get the high risk shot when it counted the most

"Many there have moved way beyond the adolescent human condition called materialism"

Okey! So glad they moved to the amazing caste system, maybe we get some of that evolution here in the West! Now that'd be amazing.

Amazing commercial, simply gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Santos View Post
    "Many there have moved way beyond the adolescent human condition called materialism"

Okey! So glad they moved to the amazing caste system, maybe we get some of that evolution here in the West! Now that'd be amazing.

Amazing commercial, simply gorgeous!
    Indian Caste System pretty much a Western innovation there Mate:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caste_system_in_India

India is probably the most diverse culture on the planet and is the ancient source code of most things we currently aspire to
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Senior Member Brent G Miller Jr's Avatar
    "Many there have moved way beyond the adolescent human condition called materialism
    With all due respect, you’re kidding right. Have you been to India?
    Brent Miller Jr.
    Executive Director, Ingenuity Films LLC
    www.IngenuityFilms.com

Theaters 2019. Narrated by Kevin Sorbo:
    www.BeforeTheWrath.com

(...) maybe we get some of that evolution here in the West! (...)
    Open your eyes, dude! The Matrix has you already...

geezus. who comes up with this stuff? Amazing.
    Alexa Mini
    Epic Dragon - SOLD
    Scarlet Dragon - SOLD
    Scarlet MX - SOLD
    RED One MX - SOLD

DP // Director
    www.jakesouthardcinema.com
    https://vimeo.com/jakesouthardcinema/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hamilton View Post
    I fall in this camp too. Stunning imagery, Mark's talents on full display, india is a cinematographer's dream. But the presence of a soccer-mom SUV popping up here and there (albeit in a quiet and unassuming way) was a little jarring, interrupted the magical flow as it were.

I've often thought about the associative propensity in marketing to co-opt huge things for mundane purposes, would I use Humpback Whale song to sell washing machines?
    Ha, ha , ha, hahahaha, hahahahahhaha ,,, hahahaha .... ROTFL... hahahahaha... ROTFL (again)...

Dusting myself off.

Yup, welcome to the world of advertising.

That still doesn't take away from the fact that the most talented and remarkable people DO work in advertising.

Peace!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Was nice to see Björn Benckert's work in the ads during the movie trailers for "Darkest Hour"... Was nice (Think it was the Channel No 5 add (if memory serves me right/smoking crack)). Man those movie trailers are so compelling and amazing you are totally emotionally wrung out before the main feature starts I feel like leaving the cinema as emmotinally I've got nothing left/totally drained.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________

Why wouldn't you use wale song to sell washing machine soap/ machines? (especially if its environmentally friendly and approved by Wales everywhere); THIS washing machine will save the planet Luv "Minky". "Weeeeeeoooooooooooo__uuuuuuuuu___meeeeeeeeeeeweee eooooo_uuuuuuuuu" And lay down some good beats under that...
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

(Its really a sneak peek into your future and THE future :-) )

Be there or be flat! Or at least risk feeling dimensionally challenged!

I finally watched this piece.

Great work Mark, very inspiring :)
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

oh my, incredible!

Imagine it on

IMAX