Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: MONSTRO 8K VV

Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Thanks for the update Phil!!! Great work man!

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    Digital Domain
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

Phil's the man!! Killin it!
    REDucated June 2012

Scarlet-X #2098
    Raven #61
    Komodo #234

Hi YouTube!

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben Evans View Post
    I haven't looked at the download samples yet and compared to Helium samples at the same ISO. Good thinking
    If Monstro doesn't use the same ISO calibration that Helium does, you should really compare the Helium shots pulled down one stop. Considering the patch notes to DSMC Build v7.0.0 says "Added new ISO calibration for HELIUM 8K S35 cameras" and doesn't mention Monstro, I suspect this to be true.

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    If Monstro doesn't use the same ISO calibration that Helium does, you should really compare the Helium shots pulled down one stop. Considering the patch notes to DSMC Build v7.0.0 says "Added new ISO calibration for HELIUM 8K S35 cameras" and doesn't mention Monstro, I suspect this to be true.
    Ah, you bring up a good point, Aaron. It wasn't "added" to MONSTRO, since it always had it. Same ISO calibration as HELIUM.

I aaaaaaalmost got a Raven back when it was "cheap", registered here thinking I might but it never happened and I was hoping Red would do a real "budget" camera, for relative values of budget. But seeing what you do, %#& that. Give the guys who can afford it 16K and 20 stops @ 300 fps in a medium format sensor and I'll be happy to stand in your shadow. What you do keeps raising the bar for everyone else. Pretty soon it's a single candle and you can still see better than humans....

get a Hydrogen.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

Thankyou Team Red for working so diligently (and stealthily) on another technological breakthrough for us all.
    I guess the Monstro (Silicon) design can scale in ways the Dragon could not.

I was wholeheartedly impressed the that Monstro VV will be IPP2 and get sizeable jump in SNR in low light;
    But Completely overwhelmed on discovering that my VV queue deposit for a Dragon will now be for a Monstro!

Question : Will the Monstro end up with a new set of OLPFs optimised for this Sensor?

AJ

Funny, the years defending Dragon noise as "filmic / organic texture" is out the window . . . when you have Monstro's clean shadows as an option ;-)
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

Is there any idea as to when ordering a monstro for current weapon helium owners will open up to start preparing/budgeting? And if you're not in Armor-W, and you get the upgrade to Monstro, you give back your helium sensor? Only way to keep the sensor is to be in Armor-W? Great work all.

John Brennick
    Sr. Compositor
    Digital Domain
    www.johnbrennick.com
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1562986/

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb B View Post
    Funny, the years defending Dragon noise as "filmic / organic texture" is out the window . . . when you have Monstro's clean shadows as an option ;-)
    Filmic is sohhhh 20th Century. '-)
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith