Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: MONSTRO 8K VV

Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334353642 ... LastLast
    Do you have a forged Weapon?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Our Monstro is being installed now at RED.
    #Godspeed
    RAW, well done

http://www.welldone.tv

Quote Originally Posted by alexjentz View Post
    Do you have a forged Weapon?
    Shows CF in his sig.
    One camera is a shoot...but four (or more'-) Hydrogens is a prohhhh-duction... Elsie the Wraith

...well... it seems good things take time - it's been two and a half years in the making... but the Storm just hit Germany... just received the Holy Grail ... äh Mail : "Schedule Your 8K VV Upgrade" for both our two Weapon Serial Numbers & Pre Orders at the same time.

Including a Link to a well made Google Submission Form where you can enter all your Details and choose your desired Time Slot to Send your Camera in.

Seems like a great new clever Storm Pre Warning System that RED is implementing there to keep Upgrade at more steady flow for an overall faster processing of the line.

As of now it looks like both Cams are due for sending in in about 2-3 weeks.

Cant Wait. Monsters coming...
    RAW, well done

http://www.welldone.tv

Russ,

Fantastic news on your Monstro and I would love to hear your thoughts when you get a chance

PS Just got my upgrade notice so I should be Monstro'd myself in early December. VistaVision here I come.
    Tom Gleeson

Nice Tom, Great to hear you will have the Monster I mean Monstro soon. Maybe You and Mike could review the new sensor on the ACS vimeo page or fxguide

6. #316 A few frames from Monstro VV 
    Shot with Sigma 85, and Red 300mm.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zkn1rs381...Px70o2v1a?dl=0
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Erich Roland; 10-27-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: add jpegs
    Camera Rentals
    Washington DC, Baltimore, Mid Atlantic region
    Monsrto VV, Helium, Scarlet, Helium Monochrome, Arri Mini, Amira and Classic, Sony Venice, Varicam LT
    Master Prime's, Summicron's, Cooke S4i, TLS Panchros, Ultra's, Sigma's, TLS Leica R's, Super Speeds
    Anamorphics- Zeiss Master, Cooke, Kowa Evolution, Atlas Orion A + B sets
    www.Dc-camera.com
    Like our Facebook and follow Instagram pages for updates

Quote Originally Posted by richard peterson View Post
    Nice Tom, Great to hear you will have the Monster I mean Monstro soon. Maybe You and Mike could review the new sensor on the ACS vimeo page or fxguide
    Richard,

You read my mind. I am considering this as a possibility although I may open it up to be more of a discussion about “large” sensor cinematography. With Sony also producing a “VistaVision” camera and the rumour that Arri very soon will do the same with their new sensor
    large sensor cinematography is going mainstream.

Whatever happens there is a tremendous amount of work involved in constructing a video review assuming we shoot and post test footage so you probably wouldn’t see anything until the new year
    Tom Gleeson

Banned
    this forum needs a LIKE button !!!!

would love to see a comparison, whenever u have time

9. #319 World of Tears 
    Mike,

Sorry probably not going to do a direct comparison between cameras as this entails a vast amount of work with generally only limited value. I am certain that the Sony and the Red and whatever Arri introduces will all be totally kick ass performers. At the top end of camera production all the cameras produce stellar performance. Depending on design philosophy and design priorities one camera may edge ahead of another in one parameter but usually at the expense of another. Personally I feel arguing about cameras is like people arguing over what is better a Maserati or a Ferrari. To take these machines to a level you could even tell the difference is beyond the experience and ability of 99.9% of drivers. Certainly cameras have a character and differences that may make them more suitable to a particular production but I would bet most camera choice is first based on familiarity and then cost and availability.

To be honest I will make the call when I actually get the Monstro and then I can see if I can access a Venice prototype and see if Arri makes an announcement at Cameraimage as rumoured. I would say the odds of access are low on the Sony and probably even lower with Arri.

Camera performance and comparison is a complex thing and generally comparing a single or even a couple of shots will only reveal basic information. IMHO this is true of lens tests as well. Personally I need to shoot an entire project with all the convoluted challenges of the real world before I can begin to really understand a camera. If I don't have experience of a camera I look at actual finished Cinema and Television productions and judge the camera's performance from these. You need to untangle production values and colour grading etc but if the images look good you know somebody can make the camera system sing.
    Tom Gleeson

sounds awesome, your's and mike's combined brain trust always provide a insightful and honest review.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gleeson View Post
    Richard,

You read my mind. I am considering this as a possibility although I may open it up to be more of a discussion about “large” sensor cinematography. With Sony also producing a “VistaVision” camera and the rumour that Arri very soon will do the same with their new sensor
    large sensor cinematography is going mainstream.

Whatever happens there is a tremendous amount of work involved in constructing a video review assuming we shoot and post test footage so you probably wouldn’t see anything until the new year