Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: MONSTRO 8K VV

Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152
    Sam,

That was achingly beautiful. The capture of scale and of texture is simply amazing. Also just as amazing is how much of this survives in the compressed 4K Vimeo file. I can't imagine how much hard and physically challenging work went into this.
    Tom Gleeson

Really beautiful images in there Sam!!

Amazing, can you talk a little to the amount of days you shot or the amount of time that went in to it?
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Quote Originally Posted by sam renollet View Post
    HI guys,

I just wanted to show you a little short we produced for the AFC Tradeshow in Paris, (it's the french cinegear...sort of).
    The idea was to show everybody there how Monstro would react in a hostile environement, so we took it in the ALPES near Mont Blanc and
    used SIgma primes to get the lightest package possible.

https://vimeo.com/255528714

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I though it could be usefull for some to see how good this sensor is...
    That' so perfect.

Sumptuous blues and blacks yet really accurate colors. Really gives you the feeling of being there. [Even the fine detail of the granite/basalt]. Kinda IMAX'y (in a good way or even better way).

Really liked some of the near Hyperfocal shots, where foreground is lovely and crisp and yet the useful depth of field is wonderful and then nice "Roll off" (rolling eyes) after that.

Thanks so much for sharing, was wondering if you guys used polarizing filters or external NDs of some kind and other similar methods?

Can't wait to see this on a well calibrated large screen one day, must be really wonderful.

Very exciting!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

Seems like a bit of Myth-busting for blues, blacks and ideas about high light/ higher tonal range... In a crazy difficult contrast situation... snow + rock + skin tones. [In the dark or being blasted by insane amounts of light].

And in spite of very accurate seeming color was nice to see the simultaneous possibility of pumping up the oranges and Red's too just to make those "Pop" perhaps in a slightly more exciting way. Perfect and great call.

And in a light weight camera in a hostile environment. Great advertisement for the Sigma Primes too .

Kinda gives The Revenant a run for it's money and that took my breath away.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________________

Near the peak were there Ravens, Rooks or crows ... It's a good tonal "fix"/reference lol. Liked that.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

RSVP'd for HYDROGEN -VIP SNEAK PEAK @ RED STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD on and for MAY 19th 2018.

(Its really a sneak peek into your future and THE future :-) )

Be there or be flat! Or at least risk feeling dimensionally challenged!

How does this compare to a helium in pixel performance? How does it compare to Alexa's too?

I'm getting sick of people comparing things to Alexa's. They should start comparing to helium etc.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

HI guys,

I just wanted to show you a little short we produced for the AFC Tradeshow in Paris, (it's the french cinegear...sort of).
    The idea was to show everybody there how Monstro would react in a hostile environement, so we took it in the ALPES near Mont Blanc and

Don't know if this is the right place to post this but I though it could be usefull for some to see how good this sensor is...
    Fantastic visuals. Really loved it. That first shot in the daylight (1:30-ish) was especially cinematic, the way she entered frame and the focus racked to her position. Did you block that out or did it just happen naturally?

My one critique is that I'm not quite sure that I agree with the two pieces from The Last of Us. Although they're hauntingly beautiful and I absolutely loved it while playing the game, I feel like they are just a bit too heavy/somber for what I'm seeing on screen. When that first one kicked in I was almost expecting one of the climbers to fall to their death or something tragic. Though, maybe I'm conditioned because I've played the game :)

The other two Gustavo Santaolalla (I'm assuming, it sounds just like his work) pieces were perfect. Similar sort of "We're alone out here," without the depressing layer of "We're all that's left."

HI guys,

did u use HDRx in this footage ????

HI guys,

That was an amazing piece of work right there.

here's a couple of frames from a MonstroVV studio test - one light (SoftPanel 1x2) and a small reflector....

white/high-light rolloff and a gray/black