Thread: Red Raven Looks

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    ACCORDING TO THE RAVEN MANUAL: UNDER "LOOKS":

Looks: These allow you to save the specific color, image, white balance, and detail settings to be used for other
    projects. Looks that are generated in-camera display on the Camera Presets tab. Looks that are generated in
    REDCINE-X PRO and are imported to the camera display on the Looks tab.

So I would imagine there is a way you can develop a "LUT" for say and import them into your RAVEN....

Not sure if Raven works the same way as the DSMC1, hardware but this is how I do it.

https://vimeo.com/42740405
    SAMHAIN STUDIOS
    RED Scarlet-X

"The camera...has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

Yeah, I'd argue that in most cases it's more effort than it's worth. It certainly wouldn't help with exposure as much as the raw exposure checks, though it *might* help with the look/production design a little (granted it might impress people watching the client monitor).

Conversely, if it's really important to you, you can always get a 3rd party monitor with LUT support, and do the same thing as the more expensive cameras do for a fraction of the cost.