Thread: Tilta Nucleus-M review

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Quote Originally Posted by Granit Neziri View Post
    I found a video on youtube of a guy who had the same problem. Apparently its because the voltage is to high and the torque on the motor is thus very strong. I solved the problem by pushing the motor a bit with my hand, but the best solution is to find a lower voltage p-tap connection. The motor is currently getting power from the p-tap connection on the Ronin 2 wich has 14.4V
    Than you just need to update firmware which solve high torque calibration problem.

Does anyone know where I can find a rosette extender like I circled in the link www.imgur.com/a/g1rIx5p? It's the accessory that attaches to the top of the monitor and the Nucleus handle via rosette. Thank you!

Has anyone had issues with their motor vibrating while pulling focus slowly? My motor is nice and snug between the lens gear and a 15mm rod, and it seems to operate okay for like 75% of the rotation, but there are a few spots where it vibrates every time. Any suggestions?
    Alex Sandman
    Cinematographer + Editor
    Massachusetts, USA

Quote Originally Posted by emil_h View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a rosette extender like I circled in the link www.imgur.com/a/g1rIx5p? It's the accessory that attaches to the top of the monitor and the Nucleus handle via rosette. Thank you!
    on the website
    https://tilta.com/shop/1-4-20-screw-...ette-adapters/

Hello everyone!

Another happy owner of the Tilta Nucleus M here.

Was wondering if any of you have had a similar experience, I noticed that the motors run perfectly fine while powered by one of the handles and yet Tilta doesn't advise it.

Does anyone know why? Other than supposedly "not having enough power"? Because I'm getting more than enough for it to work perfectly and am left wondering if there are any other drawbacks.

Cheers everyone.

Senior Member David J. Buchanan's Avatar
    I'm thinking of purchasing this unit, specifically for the handgrips. Is there anything I should be aware of before dropping $1,200 bucks
    BLACK - Now on Amazon!
    Monstro, Dragon, A7S II
    Zeiss Otus 28, 55, 85
    Corporate G&E Package
    davidjbuchanan.com | wecofilms.com

has anyone experienced the problem of the nucleus-m motor switching off when reaching the end off calibration (hard stop of the lens) ?
    this only happens when connected to the dtap on the red clock I/o module dsmc2.
    I do know that it has a mix output of 3amps, so I alway thought that the max power draw of the motors would be over 3amps when reaching the hard stops at auto calibration.
    but title says the max power draw is only 2amps.
    does anyone have a solution ?

of course, sometimes I can use the dtap on the battery directly to power it. no problems there.
    but when its on a gimbal and I power the camera via dc in, the option that is there is the dtap on the v-lock I/o module..