Thread: Scarlet-W shut down completely. HELP!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Scarlet-W shut down completely. HELP! 
    I was running DC power to the Scarlet, but had a V-lock on it to power an external monitor. I went to toggle the magnifier on my sidehandle and the camera shut off. The LCD will not turn on even after a hard rest many different ways. It sounds normal when powering on, but the 5" LCD will not come back on. Has anyone else had this issue before? The error log said it was a hardware issue and RED has asked me to send it in so they can see what the issue is. This camera is one month old and I've babied it.....
    www.rowanfilms.com

the hardware issue is most likely the side handle. have you tried taking it off and powering without it?

unmount the touch screen with the camera off. let the camera cool down for 10 minutes. take the battery off and disconnect the dc. reconnect them all and turn it back on. the monitor should come back to life. it happened to me with my monitor as well using a shark fin power plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Halliday View Post
    I was running DC power to the Scarlet, but had a V-lock on it to power an external monitor. I went to toggle the magnifier on my sidehandle and the camera shut off. The LCD will not turn on even after a hard rest many different ways. It sounds normal when powering on, but the 5" LCD will not come back on. Has anyone else had this issue before? The error log said it was a hardware issue and RED has asked me to send it in so they can see what the issue is. This camera is one month old and I've babied it.....
    www.rowanfilms.com

Thanks for the feedback so far guys, but I've tried all of this and many more variations of accessories on/off combined with battery or dc and hard resets. Still nothing. Trust me, I tried it a lot of different ways and even had RED n the phone telling me to try it different ways. Anymore ideas would be great for future reference if this crap would ever happen again on a set. Thanks!

When I had this message Red had to replace a board in my Scarlet-W, sadly.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

2017 Reel

Website
    Twitter
    Instagram

Do you know what caused the issue? It would really suck for it to happen again.

Nope no idea.
    ----------------------------------------------------------

2017 Reel

Website
    Twitter
    Instagram

Can I ask what your exact setup was? Were you running a different power supply by chance? Mine was DC in whilst using Watson Pro Battery to power an external monitor. The only thing I could think was that the battery not being a RED may have affected it, BUT I was using DC so that might shut off battery usage to the camera. Your thoughts?

the side handle and magnifier short cut has screwed me more than once! Always have issue when I accidentally hit it

steve
    colorroomfilms.com
    Epic-W #000592
    Scarlet-W #006650