Thread: GROUP BUY - TERADEK / RT WIRELESS FIZ

Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Hey Mike,

Would it be possible to add an MK3.1 to my order on top of the MDR-SK / Motors / Controller?
    Director / Photographer / Designer
    www.work.charlesbergquist.com
    www.everyday.charlesbergquist.com

Weapon MONSTRO 8K VV
    Phantom Flex4K 128GB

Los Angeles, California

Can I please get:

1 x MDR-SK
    1 x MDR-MB
    1 x 4-axis Controller
    1 x Motor
    1 x Thumbwheel

Thanks!
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"

I have a question regarding the MDR-SK unit: I have the DSMC2 V-Lock IO adaptor, can i power the MDR-SK unit with the D-Tap port on the V-Lock IO? Im just confused on the power situation. Im also a bit confused after a bunch of research regarding fool control with the MDR-SK unit: is long range fool control possible with the MDR-SK, or is fool control working via the internal wifi antennae? I know the latitude works via RF but im just confused based off a previous reply if its works reliably? I typically shoot with a Movi M15 with the Ready Rig GS, maybe the MDR-M is the better move for gimbal?

Im def interested in ordering a kit, just need to figure out the right one for me, I would only need to control focus and iris.

Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Wolfe View Post
    I have a question regarding the MDR-SK unit: I have the DSMC2 V-Lock IO adaptor, can i power the MDR-SK unit with the D-Tap port on the V-Lock IO? Im just confused on the power situation. Im also a bit confused after a bunch of research regarding fool control with the MDR-SK unit: is long range fool control possible with the MDR-SK, or is fool control working via the internal wifi antennae? I know the latitude works via RF but im just confused based off a previous reply if its works reliably? I typically shoot with a Movi M15 with the Ready Rig GS, maybe the MDR-M is the better move for gimbal?

Im def interested in ordering a kit, just need to figure out the right one for me, I would only need to control focus and iris.

Thanks for the help!
    Yes, the kit comes with a locking connector to D-Tap cable to do just that.

The SK does not have built-in WiFi so it must use the camera's network interface for Fool Control. You may have been reading what Thai wrote earlier in this thread. There is a Long Range Fool Control beta out now for the MDR M and MDR MB that allows you to use them as repeaters in a sense.

For example, if you have an SK and an M, you set them both to the same channel. This will allow you to turn the SK into a roaming WiFi point for Fool Control.

For more information, reach out to mark@rtmotion.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gailing View Post
    Yes, the kit comes with a locking connector to D-Tap cable to do just that.

The SK does not have built-in WiFi so it must use the camera's network interface for Fool Control. You may have been reading what Thai wrote earlier in this thread. There is a Long Range Fool Control beta out now for the MDR M and MDR MB that allows you to use them as repeaters in a sense.

For example, if you have an SK and an M, you set them both to the same channel. This will allow you to turn the SK into a roaming WiFi point for Fool Control.

For more information, reach out to mark@rtmotion.com
    I am eagerly waiting for a firmware upgrade on this feature. Currently foolcontrol long range RF is not working. Don't even bother beta version. It is not worth it. I have tested and reported to the tech at Rtmotion. They told me they will look at it.

Because I truly believe this is THE UNIQUE feature that Rtmotion has over other FIZ out there, especially for RED owners.
    Many folks reported drop off connection problems etc. This is partly true. You get a much more stable connection with foolcontrol if you connect directly to wifi of Latitude (MDR-M or MDR-MB). If it works, it is great.
    HOWEVER, if your camera gets out of wifi range (crane, video village next door, drone, or your AC holding iPhone with foolcontrol getting too far away from camera), foolcontrol has big troubles re-establishing connection once your camera gets back within wifi range. Most of the times, you end up rebooting your camera/iphone or even both. Very annoying.
    So hopefully with foolcontrol long range RF fully implemented, you will never loose connection and foolcontrol will work all the times.
    After over a year, and still many headaches on set with foolcontrol, I ended up buying a Red Touch monitor for my ACs.
    Last edited by Thai Christen; 12-03-2017 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Add info

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Gailing View Post
    The Group Buy is really meant for full kits, but we are accepting individual units orders such as MDRs, controllers, and motors. The cables being bought separately were not initially included. I will reach out shortly with a form fill to complete your order. In the notes section, please specify what else you're looking for and Mark at RT Motion will reach out to help you process the order since its not fitting into our normal GB kits.
    Thanks Mike, I appreciate you flexing the rules to accommodate my situation, and my thanks to all involved in this GB!! I know Mark, and will look forward to speaking with him!

I want to order:
    (1) 6-axis controller
    (1) MDR-SK
    (1) MDR-MB
    (3) Motors
    And a bunch of extra motor cables, extra power cables, and some additional R/S cables.
    BRAINCELL CAMERA - MICHIGAN
    Renting Komodo ST, Helium, Gemini, Alexa Mini, Phantom VEO4K
    Primes: Atlas A&B Anamorphic, Cooke Panchro Classic, MiniS4, CP.3,
    ARRI Standard Spd, Sigma Cine, Leica R, Zeiss Contax, Canon FD
    Zooms: Optimo 15-40, Optimo DPs, Cooke 18-100, Tokina 11-20
    Support: Ronin 2, Black Arm, Alpha Wheels, Tero, ReadyRig, EasyRig
    AKS: Teradek RT FIZs, Teradek Bolts, Bright Tangerine, FSI monitors
    ------
    Retired Cinematography Professor, Compass College, Grand Rapids, MI

Hi Mike, I have yet to receive my order form. I am on the list.
    DSMC2 Helium #2920

http://www.janreichle.com

I'd be in for an MDR-M

Hey Jason-

Thanks very much for putting this together. Will you please put me down for:

1 x MDR-SK
    1 x 4 axis controller
    1 x motor

Thanks!!
    Helium + Gemini

Mike, just wondering, after the Teradek transition is complete, if I wanted to upgrade my controller to the 6-axis version (link below), would I have to ship it to the UK? Or can I just send it to Creative Solutions LA and they can take care of it here?

http://www.rtmotion.com/products/forcezoom-upgrade
    Red EPIC-W #003307 "Annabelle"