Thread: LG 4K PROJECTOR

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fixed optical design and restrictive screen sizing abilities / input options... So not ideal for a lot of installations, yet it’s a compelling product.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

This projector looks like it's after the consumers don't own TVs anymore and just use their laptops. The fact that you can project it on your ceiling, is great for the person that watches movies on their bed. The fact it has a handle, LG expects you move this projector around the house.

I imagine the price is going to cost around $2000 to $2500. Xiaomi has a great new laser projector at around $1750. Only 1080p output, but brighter than the LG, and it's not a short throw.
    www.rogersingh.com
    cinematographer • producer

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    Fixed optical design and restrictive screen sizing abilities / input options... So not ideal for a lot of installations, yet it’s a compelling product.
    How to position few thousand of highly sensitive bucks within kicking range.
    Hope it comes with kids/klutz/pets/happy feet/beverage protection.

I'm waiting for the next version housed in Gorila Glass so it's tougher than normal glass.
    Analog > Camera feel optimization http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Camera performance optimization http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Even Dell is shitting out a $6K USTP this year and getting into "digital cinema" stuff for the home. What weird times we live in!

So much for LG's perfect blacks. There won't be a real black in any room with that bright-light projector. . . ever! Today's OLED screens are simply amazing.
    Scarlet Dragon with Canon, Sigma, and Tokina lenses and the Optitron 2 wireless system
    First feature film, Works in Progress, out on DVD (Vanguard Cinema) and online.
    Second feature film, Terminal, scheduled for a fall 2017 release.
    Third feature film, The Tree, currently submitting to festivals scheduled for a mid- to late 2017 release.
    Fourth feature film, The Land, currently in pre-production.

I was looking for a ultra short throw and was eying up the Epson, it's a laser projector. What put me off (without being able to try or see) is that they are very susceptible to the flatness of the projection screen or wall - they distort very easily. What is interesting about this LG one is the compact size, meaning the possibility of a small high quality projector.

cheers
    Paul