Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN Update... January 22nd.

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Are you able to talk about CODEC post support (apps like 2D 3D post processing/compositing) ? :D

So glad I pre-ordered!

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    Sorry it took so long to post an update. Lots of moving parts on this one. I promise that updates will come fast and furious for the next few months. It will be a relief when we get permission to talk about all the partners lined up to support HYDROGEN. But our biggest supporters are right here...

Jim
    I'm a filmmaker, an educator, a technician, and sometimes philosopher.
    www.dillonthomasdigital.com

Really hoping we can get some lifeproof-esque protection/cases for this device because all things considered its shaping up to be a unparalleled camera for breathtaking shots in tough conditions. Fine desert dust, water/rain, etc - if we can keep this thing running in the most biting conditions this is it.

Excited, and can't wait to get my hands on this !
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Helium "Zariel" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    The cinema module (so crazy good it is scary) will not ship at the same time the phone is released. It is the single most difficult trick we have ever done... even more tricky than the phone. It (cinema module) will shoot R3D's when released. Only thing better are its big brothers and sister Scarlet. One thing that everyone will have to consider... how much 2D am I going to shoot vs. 3D to 4V? No question that the world is 2D now. It is going to be interesting to see how fast 4V takes hold. 2D is "looking at". 4V is "being in".

Jim
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

Thanks Jim, but about what you meant which I posted before?

Thanks.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

6. #36 Aluminium vs. Titanium 
    Specs looking good, especially since these are obviously the 'base spec' for Aluminium.

Any word on the difference between Aluminium and Titanium?

Really want to know if I should be 'upgrading' my order from Aluminium...

The cinema module (so crazy good it is scary) will not ship at the same time the phone is released. It is the single most difficult trick we have ever done... even more tricky than the phone. It (cinema module) will shoot R3D's when released. Only thing better are its big brothers and sister Scarlet. One thing that everyone will have to consider... how much 2D am I going to shoot vs. 3D to 4V? No question that the world is 2D now. It is going to be interesting to see how fast 4V takes hold. 2D is "looking at". 4V is "being in".

Jim
    Thank you Jim Jannard for taking time to respond, and being a major part of the hydrogen project. I am not a RED user, however I am fully invested in the hydrogen platform and absolutely can't wait to place my PRE order for the cinema module. I would love to have a small form factor well performing camera especially from RED. I will be spending my own cash as a tech consumer that is in need for a mirrorless camera. Red all the way for me. Just the wait and save game until you allow us to order module's. I'm curious about pricing but either way I will pay

You had me at “will shoot R3d when released.
    Any Red Camera monitor wireless news about the phone you can tell??
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Hi Jim, great to see a first update and can't wait to see more detailed specs especially on possible modules.

What I am very curious about though is content creation possibilities for 4V content. As I read from your update big studios and other content creators are already working on content, read they probably already have a prototype of Hydrogen... anyways, a lot of us are not in the US and won't be able to visit Red for any demos etc. Do we non US citizens get a chance to get on the content creation train early on?

Considering all the people (including me) who have pre-ordered and blindly trusted in Red time and again, will we get any early on chance for 4V content creation?
    Scarlet #2986 "Annika" for hire in Hong Kong / Asia / happy to travel anywhere!
    www.kinomagic.net
    Film production - Cinematography - Directing - Editing
    CINEMATOGRAPHY SHOWREEL

Jim
    So the cinema module will shoot 4v? Will there be a way to use current mags?