Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN Update... January 22nd.

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 152 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    The cinema module (so crazy good it is scary) will not ship at the same time the phone is released. It is the single most difficult trick we have ever done... even more tricky than the phone. It (cinema module) will shoot R3D's when released. Only thing better are its big brothers and sister Scarlet. One thing that everyone will have to consider... how much 2D am I going to shoot vs. 3D to 4V? No question that the world is 2D now. It is going to be interesting to see how fast 4V takes hold. 2D is "looking at". 4V is "being in".

Jim
    So the cinema module will shoot 4v? Will there be a way to use current mags?

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    I will be posting (as will Jarred) a lot about how to create 4V content and how to get on the HYDROGEN Network... well before product release. We want everyone to have a shot at this.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Oberdorfer View Post
    Hi Jim, great to see a first update and can't wait to see more detailed specs especially on possible modules.

What I am very curious about though is content creation possibilities for 4V content. As I read from your update big studios and other content creators are already working on content, read they probably already have a prototype of Hydrogen... anyways, a lot of us are not in the US and won't be able to visit Red for any demos etc. Do we non US citizens get a chance to get on the content creation train early on?

Considering all the people (including me) who have pre-ordered and blindly trusted in Red time and again, will we get any early on chance for 4V content creation?
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone with a bad attitude.

3. Spec update.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835x processor. Unlocked or carrier specific.
    I think this is a key thing a lot of people need to research and while it doesn't say precisely what the Hydrogen One's specs are it does allude to what it can potentially do. A lot of "us" are not totally familiar with much of the background mobile tech, but there's a lot of interesting things to discern from this.

I'll second it, these are just specs you can read and research for yourself.

For instance. The 835 has up to 25% better battery life plus features Quick Charge 4 and also about 25% increase in processing power, especially 3D applications thanks to the Kryo 280 CPU. In fact, digging deep shows the 835 is clearly the fastest Android processor by a decent margin.

Also notable is the support for UHD 4K video and HDR10 support.

The 835 also supports X16 LTE, or better known as 1Gbps down/150 Mbps up on it's modem and up to 4.6Gbps on WiFi. 60% less power draw with WiFi enabled, that's huge actually. Also there's Bluetooth 5 support which is rather forward thinking.

Camera side, electronic image stabilization is there if they want to tap into it. Seems like it can drive 2X 16 megapixel cameras or 1X 32 megapixel camera with HDR video support. UHD 4K 30fps capture on board it seems.

Audio is pretty exciting with support for 32-bit 384KHz audio DACs, again if RED is tapping into that and based on what I heard already the sound is stunning.

So there's a lot RED can tap into here and likely will be and on a total side note digging deeper into Qualcomm's actual roadmap sort of was interesting for what's coming in 2018 and 2nd half of 2019.

The additional level of interest will be in the form of modules and what they can add feature-wise to the phone specs perhaps outside of the boundaries listed here.

interesting stuff.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    No... the Cinema Module will NOT shoot 3D to 4V. We are developing other modules for 4V and you can shoot 3D to 4V on the HYDROGEN One cell phone both front and back.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by H Dewey View Post
    So the cinema module will shoot 4v? Will there be a way to use current mags?
    "The camera is arguably one of the most important of all inventions… it is the single tool that has the ability to stop time, record history, generate art, tell stories, and communicate messages that transcend language like nothing else ever conceived."

"Everything in life changes... including our camera specs and delivery dates..."

The cinema module (so crazy good it is scary) will not ship at the same time the phone is released. It is the single most difficult trick we have ever done... even more tricky than the phone. It (cinema module) will shoot R3D's when released. Only thing better are its big brothers and sister Scarlet. One thing that everyone will have to consider... how much 2D am I going to shoot vs. 3D to 4V? No question that the world is 2D now. It is going to be interesting to see how fast 4V takes hold. 2D is "looking at". 4V is "being in".

Jim
    im sort of taking this as the phone without the module will NOT shoot R3D.
    and the module might take until the 4th quarter of the year.
    and the module will be super expensive, as he said: only thing better are its big brothers and sisters scarlet (not to mention raven?) so it will be better then the raven???
    intersting.

I'd also have to think that 4V is years away from being a platform for mass audiences, 3D couldn't even last and VR is in trouble and really just finding it's niche in event shows and live experiences rather then stories or advertising. thought it's hard to see the future (for most of us) i know things take time, hey we wont even adapt to the metric system and in middle school they were saying by high school this will be how it is, and that was 30 years ago!

Very ready!
    Motorizedprecision.com
    Oregon Based Cinematographer / Creator of Kira an innovative new high-speed camera robot.

Epic X DRAGON Canon Cinema Primes EF

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Not sure I believe the "super expensive" part for the Cinema Module. Also... better wait and see 4V and who is supporting it before making a "how long it will take" conclusion.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    im sort of taking this as the phone without the module will NOT shoot R3D.
    and the module might take until the 4th quarter of the year.
    and the module will be super expensive, as he said: only thing better are its big brothers and sisters scarlet (not to mention raven?) so it will be better then the raven???
    intersting.

I'd also have to think that 4V is years away from being a platform for mass audiences, 3D couldn't even last and VR is in trouble and really just finding it's niche in event shows and live experiences rather then stories or advertising. thought it's hard to see the future (for most of us) i know things take time, hey we wont even adapt to the metric system and in middle school they were saying by high school this will be how it is, and that was 30 years ago!

Certain people are not posting how fantastic it is. I imagine they have their developer's units and are under embargo.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

No... the Cinema Module will NOT shoot 3D to 4V. We are developing other modules for 4V and you can shoot 3D to 4V on the HYDROGEN One cell phone both front and back.

Jim
    Makes sense. So now people can shoot 4V selfies.:)

Can't wait to see the roadmap for new modules. Seems this unit will be obsolescence obsolete for quite awhile.

Jim, I think the super expensive comment is relative to different people. Some may regard $1000 as expensive and $2000 as super expensive, others it maybe $1000 more.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.