Thread: 'Into Quiet' HDR Short Film

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 'Into Quiet' HDR Short Film 
    New short shot on my Weapon Helium with an Angenieux 25-250 HR. IPP2 and its output transforms were a godsend going between HDR and SDR workflows. Colored by Alan Gordon and Post Pro Gumbo here in NYC.

SDR version:

Vimeo HDR version (compatible IOS devices):

Youtube HDR version (compatible Android devices):
    Brooklyn, New York
    jacardona.com

Great work. Love the coloring. Can you explain the meaning of the story? I want to understand it from your perspective.
    RED EPIC-W #3508

Thanks Shawn! Yeah, I mean it's Wes' story and it's meant to be a bit of an experiment in tone and the seed for a feature idea he has.

The original idea was to let V.O. drive the story, and that's how it was written. On set, however, we kind of realized that the way we were shooting this didn't necessarily need the V.O. We tried both version in post, and ultimately settled on having the piece entirely driven by the visuals and sound.

Basically, two old friends regularly go on these hunting trips; there's a deep-seated history there. Just based on their physicality and presence, one could infer what these guys might be like and how their friendship might have played out in the past. On this particular trip, I think it's clear in the way we shot it that something has been bubbling up beneath the surface of the character with glasses for a long time and he has a bit of a "what if" moment.
    Brooklyn, New York
    jacardona.com