Thread: Motion Control for Dana Dolly + eMotimo ST4

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Well, that could breathe some new life into my DD world. I've been creating a list of things that I want to add to make it a better rig and this will now be added. First up though, I need to replace my slider stands. I will be following GB possibilities.
    Steve Sherrick

Hi, It's Mike from the Dana Dolly. We're in if anyone needs the combo: Dana Dolly + EMotimo. I don't post or follow Reduser much, so Brian from eMotimo would probably be the best to head that up. Brian and Phil Holland are two of the best people you'll ever meet.

I actually have a picture somewhere of the first Red camera, way, way back from the 1990's I believe. I can still remember the Oakley guys (who shot a lot of 35mm on the company's 435 and 535) telling me that Jim had an idea to build an affordable cinema camera, digital, that would surpass film's resolution and open up cinematography to most everyone. I know it's common today, but at the time it was like someone telling you they were going to start their own space program. It just didn't seem feasible. At the time, everyone shot 35, 16, or corporate stuff was Beta. A lot of guys I worked with brought a half million dollars worth of camera equipment with them to the shoots.
    I think it was about a year later that they had this plywood "camera" that looked like a teleprompter with an offset lens stuck on the front.
    Anyway, I love the forum, and sometimes while you all are inventing the future, I think back on the genius that started it all, and how absolutely batsh*t crazy the idea seemed at the time. All it takes is one guy, saying "why can't we???" Oh, and they were some of our first Dana Dolly customers also, I believe I have some pictures of the first Red (real useable) camera on an antique Dana Dolly from Brian or one of the other guys at the time.

Sorry for the long post, in short, let me know if Dana Dolly can help, and please visit us at NAB...we'll be in the American Grip Booth.
    Last edited by Mike Hall; 02-14-2018 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hall View Post
    Hi, It's Mike from the Dana Dolly. We're in if anyone needs the combo: Dana Dolly + EMotimo. I don't post or follow Reduser much, so Brian from eMotimo would probably be the best to head that up. Brian and Phil Holland are two of the best people you'll ever meet.

I actually have a picture somewhere of the first Red camera, way, way back from the 1990's I believe. I can still remember the Oakley guys (who shot a lot of 35mm on the company's 435 and 535) telling me that Jim had an idea to build an affordable cinema camera, digital, that would surpass film's resolution and open up cinematography to most everyone. I know it's common today, but at the time it was like someone telling you they were going to start their own space program. It just didn't seem feasible. At the time, everyone shot 35, 16, or corporate stuff was Beta. A lot of guys I worked with brought a half million dollars worth of camera equipment with them to the shoots.
    I think it was about a year later that they had this plywood "camera" that looked like a teleprompter with an offset lens stuck on the front.
    Anyway, I love the forum, and sometimes while you all are inventing the future, I think back on the genius that started it all, and how absolutely batsh*t crazy the idea seemed at the time. All it takes is one guy, saying "why can't we???" Oh, and they were some of our first Dana Dolly customers also, I believe I have some pictures of the first Red (real useable) camera on an antique Dana Dolly from Brian or one of the other guys at the time.

Sorry for the long post, in short, let me know if Dana Dolly can help, and please visit us at NAB...we'll be in the American Grip Booth.
    Cool story!
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com

This kit would be possible to connect to any kind of slider, only it would be more of a hassle to mount it right?
    Asking since I have an old multi-glider which has a nice counterweight feature allowing vertical sliding that I think would be perfect to have motion controlled.

I'm also wondering about the possibility of using to fz and the slider-movement at the same time, that would be great..

(Might as well ask emotimo direct and return here when I know)

Interested in a gb if eu-shipment is possible.

[QUOTE=Mike Hall;1785598]Hi, It's Mike from the Dana Dolly. We're in if anyone needs the combo: Dana Dolly + EMotimo.

Hi Mike, quick question....are you looking to put them together as a package purchase? As much as I'd love a GB, work commitments may require me to act sooner..

Regards,
    Matt

+1 GB

+1 GB
    Epic W
    Brian Pascale

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hall View Post

I have to admit, when it comes to loyalty to a brand, I am a sucker for this kind of personal approach. Before this, I didn't really have much of an opinion about Dana Dolly either way. It is this kind of engagement with prospective customers that can dramatically enhance the perception of a company in the marketplace. Thanks for dropping by, Mike!
    Scarlet Dragon #01474, "ISABELLA"
    Scarlet-W in transit!!

Is it possible to connect to a kessler cineslider?
    Regards

My biggest issue with my Dana Dolly is there is no adjustable friction drag on the wheels
    -Zeb
    FAA 333 Drone Ace
    6K Drone Worldwide
    Underwater Shooter
    RED in Hawaii w/Operator
    www.Stock8K.com