Thread: Motion Control for Dana Dolly + eMotimo ST4

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Chatted with Mike from Dana Dolly and Phil Holland today.

We are go for a GB!

We will work out the details over the next couple days. Phil should be putting this up early next week!

Thank you for your interest and questions. Keep them coming!

Best regards,
    Brian Burling
    eMotimo founder

Hello Brian, when your refer to focus, does the emotimo come with its focus motor in the bundle or it has to be integrated with a 3rd party motor?
    Great on the GB
    Scarlet X
    2 RAVENs
    WEAPON 8K CF

Related question to the above focus motor question -- How does emotimo handle hard stops on lenses? Will it automatically stop if the operator hits the hard stop, or if the operators makes a mistake, will the motor / lens potentially be damaged? (something I've always wondered about on these moco solutions)

Hi Philip Lanyon,
    I know what you mean about the long lenses. We addressed this somewhat when we partnered with American Grip and made the Dana Dolly stand. It has a cradle now that additionally supports the track ends. Long lenses are always a challenge, even for big dollies, and we're working on a solution that I hope we'll have by NAB if you'll please come by and give us your thoughts.
    Also, I think our drag wheel will be ready. I've been working on the drag for the past two years off and on. It has to be something that is smooth, adjustable, yet can take weather and climate without sticking or getting too loose. Kind of like a fluid head drag system.
    Thanks very much, if you haven't tried the American Grip Dana Dolly stands, they take a lot of that play out for long lenses, while still allowing the easy mobility - especially with their removable two-way locking wheel sets - that the DD system provides.
    Thanks again,
    Mike Hall
    mike at danadolly dot com

Thanks for the direct answer Mike, we did meet at NAB a few years ago and I look forward to seeing the updates this year again. Keep up the great work!
    Philip Lanyon, Cinematographer

www.philiplanyon.com
    www.seslercompany.com