Thread: Rycote Mic Protector Case

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Rycote Mic Protector Case 
    Rycote recently came out with a case for protecting microphones. It's available in 2 sizes, 20cm and 30cm, and comes with some telescoping PVC microphone tubes.

Currently only available in their UK Store for 29.95 for the 20cm and 35.95 for the 30cm. Should be available outside the UK soon though because on their Facebook page they said: "Our US Distributor will be receiving the Cases soon and they will then be available to order via the usual retail channels."

If the tubes interest you more than the case, over on JWSoundGroup, Simon Davies chimed in and said that they'll be selling a 3-Pack of the tubes for 13.00.

Seems like a protective way to save some space for backpacking setups.
    Hopefully they'll come out with something similar for the WS.

EDIT: Looks like it's available for pre-order on B&H now for $35.00 USD (20cm) and $40.00 USD (30cm) with an expected availability of March 2nd.
    Last edited by Brandon Veen; 02-15-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Epic-X Dragon #08127

I seem to recall that Alfa makes three different sizes of shotgun mic cases. To tell you the truth, most of the sound people I know in LA keep their mics in custom Pelican cases with foam cut to the right size. You can store a half-dozen mics in a single case if you do it carefully.

Any good pro sound company will be able to advise you. Location Sound Corp., Audio Department, Trew Audio, and Wilcos Sound are all great in LA; Gotham Sound in NYC is good as well.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Wielage View Post
    I seem to recall that Alfa makes three different sizes of shotgun mic cases. To tell you the truth, most of the sound people I know in LA keep their mics in custom Pelican cases with foam cut to the right size. You can store a half-dozen mics in a single case if you do it carefully.
    Thanks for chiming in, Marc! Those Alfa cases definitely look to be a good more protective but still portable option and really not much of a weight difference there either between that and Rycote's, albeit with it being for 1 mic instead of 3.
    Epic-X Dragon #08127