Thread: Star Trek

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Star Trek 
    I see on IMDB that Star Trek Discovery is recoreded on Redcode Raw so I assume it is shot on a Red Weapon Dragon. Is this the case as there is suprisingly litte I could find on the web. The only evidence I found was a set monitor showing an Alexa menu.
    Tom Gleeson

Shot by the masterful Glen Keenon using Alexa’s.
    Philip Lanyon, Cinematographer

www.philiplanyon.com
    www.seslercompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Gleeson View Post
    I see on IMDB that Star Trek Discovery is recoreded on Redcode Raw so I assume it is shot on a Red Weapon Dragon. Is this the case as there is suprisingly litte I could find on the web. The only evidence I found was a set monitor showing an Alexa menu.
    They most likely shot VFX sequences or plates on RED for the added resolution, even though they shot the bulk of the show on Alexa.
    BEST OF BOTH MEDIA
    Production Company and Rentals based in Brooklyn, New York USA
    http://www.bestofbothmedia.com

RED Weapon Helium 8k SN: 00630
    FREEFLY MoVi Pro Kit
    READY RIG w/ ProArms
    SMALLHD 703/503/702/502
    RT MOTION Mk3 Kit with Latitude Module
    O'CONNOR CFF-1 Follow Focus Kit

I'll have to look again, but I thought there might have been some changes in the FX sequence of the first episode where she launches from her containment chamber to the hatch.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

There were some reshoots on the first episode due to a change in showrunners and producers. A little bit of turmoil on the show -- but it wound up doing very well with audiences and critics, and the show has been renewed for a second season.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

What were the changes?

It seems to have picked up. But some of it looked rediculous, but the fight scene in the emporers chamber was pretty good, add some light sabres and we're off.

Actually, maybe what's her name in Starwars could get influenced by the force to get a virus that changes her appearance into Michael Burnham from Startrek Discovery.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.

Ohh please, can they bring this character accross to a Starwars film as a minor recurring part of good but rouge pre-trained Jedi, that would be many times interesting. Just fit filming in during the off season.

Rewrote the last post. Making it much more interesting to read now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini View Post
    What were the changes?
    We're talking about Star Trek, not Star Wars. Different thing.

The turmoil on the set includes delayed scripts, writers and producers departing, new people taking over, all kinds of stuff:

'Star Trek': Ousted Showrunner Details Clash With CBS Over 'Discovery'
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...lopment-993239

Star Trek: Discovery Just Made A Huge Change Behind The Scenes
    https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...ind-the-scenes

The pilot is almost a totally different series from the 12-13 shows that followed. The introduction of Jason Isaacs (who did a very good job as the new Captain of the Enterprise) looks to me like the show was totally rewritten from that point forward, but it's hard to say without actually being there. But the whole show feels like it took a sharp left turn at that point. I think they did pretty well, and it's an interesting idea to me to have a spaceship crew where quite a few of the regulars have ulterior motives, some cannot be trusted, and a few are doing the right thing for the wrong reasons. It's a dramatic departure from the kind of shows Gene Roddenberry envisioned in the 1960s and 1980s.

It's been said that the budget on Discovery is nearly $10 million, which is extraordinarily expensive. And it shows: it's a great-looking series with amazing effects, fantastic sets, and really good lighting all the way through. Great color, too.
    marc wielage, csi • colorist/post consultant • daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

I was talking about discovery, and the names that left Marc.

$10 million is nothing compared to Voyager.