Thread: GROUP BUY - eMotimo ST4 + Dana Dolly

Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526
    Quote Originally Posted by John Dempsey View Post
    I'm looking to buy at least two slider stands for my Dana Dolly. I am located in the tristate area and can most likely pick up the items in person.

Thanks!
    I don't have any to sell you, but I'll give you some general advice. Filmtools, American Grip, and Matthews all have capable slider stands. I prefer to get stands with a rocky mountain leg that can accept casters/wheels for those days where you're on the slider all day long. Helps move things a long quickly being on wheels that can lock in place.

Occasionally I'll plop the Dana Dolly on some taller Junior Stands to get up to new heights. On the low side of things, Apple Boxes and Wedges are useful.

But yep, you're on the right path, a general slider stand is my most used accessory.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I don't have any to sell you, but I'll give you some general advice. Filmtools, American Grip, and Matthews all have capable slider stands. I prefer to get stands with a rocky mountain leg that can accept casters/wheels for those days where you're on the slider all day long. Helps move things a long quickly being on wheels that can lock in place.

Occasionally I'll plop the Dana Dolly on some taller Junior Stands to get up to new heights. On the low side of things, Apple Boxes and Wedges are useful.

But yep, you're on the right path, a general slider stand is my most used accessory.

Thanks for the advice! I rented american grip stands a few weeks ago and I really liked them. They did a good job keeping the shot stable and they seem to offer a little more height than the Matthews stands. If I can't find any used options, I'll definitely be buying one of those two brands new. It looks like they both offer options to add wheels which I am going to do in the future.

Is there only one version of Dragonframe software? Want to make sure I'm getting the right thing. Seems like the main use is stop motion.

Also, anyone have discount codes?

Thanks!
    Shoot for the Impossible...Then do it.

Jarek Zabczynski
    Director / Editor / Cinematographer

Weapon 8K | www.jarek.com | WE'LL BE ALRIGHT (Music Video) | BAJO EL SOL (Music Video)

Anyone trying to sell DD version in LA?