Thread: New Affordable High Speed Xelmus Anamophic lens set

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74
  1. #61  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    394
    I like them. The Xelmus 40 def is not for full frame, yeh it covers it but some heavy distortion there. Atlas has to add an extender which changes the focal distance and the T stop. So at least these can still be used. Id love to see them tested on super 35 format and outdoors. These indoors test setting with charts ect is boring and uninspiring (but still appreciated). Looking forward to seeing more footage.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #62  
    Senior Member Daniel Soderberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    I like them. The Xelmus 40 def is not for full frame, yeh it covers it but some heavy distortion there. Atlas has to add an extender which changes the focal distance and the T stop. So at least these can still be used. Id love to see them tested on super 35 format and outdoors. These indoors test setting with charts ect is boring and uninspiring (but still appreciated). Looking forward to seeing more footage.
    Completely agree on needing some outdoor shots like what we might see in an actual commercial or narrative...
    Red Gemini / Arri Alexa Mini & Mini LF Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds -- Canon TLS K-35s -- Kowa Anamorphics -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics -- Cineovision Anamorphics -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros -- Lomo Standard Primes -- Schneider 1950s Xenon -- B&L Super Baltars -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics -- Richard Gale Optics Clavius -- Atlas Orion Anamorphics -- Xelmus Apollo Anamorphics
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #63  
    I wonder what would be the market for Apollo, since the Atlas are cheaper? I mean, I will either go with the Cookes, or the Atlas.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #64  
    Senior Member Daniel Soderberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,847
    There are definitely sets out there. Anyone willing to share some non-studio stuff?
    Red Gemini / Arri Alexa Mini & Mini LF Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds -- Canon TLS K-35s -- Kowa Anamorphics -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics -- Cineovision Anamorphics -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros -- Lomo Standard Primes -- Schneider 1950s Xenon -- B&L Super Baltars -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics -- Richard Gale Optics Clavius -- Atlas Orion Anamorphics -- Xelmus Apollo Anamorphics
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #65  
    Member Ryan Glover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    54
    Finally, a project shot on 'em...

    ryancglover.com
    RED ONE MX 0423
    LOMO standard speed 18,22,35,50,75
    LOMO squarefront anamorphic 35,50,80
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #66  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto & Vancouver
    Posts
    4,152
    Were prices/availability ever confirmed?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #67  
    Senior Member Daniel Soderberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Glover View Post
    Finally, a project shot on 'em...

    Saw this too, they look really good...
    Red Gemini / Arri Alexa Mini & Mini LF Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds -- Canon TLS K-35s -- Kowa Anamorphics -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics -- Cineovision Anamorphics -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros -- Lomo Standard Primes -- Schneider 1950s Xenon -- B&L Super Baltars -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics -- Richard Gale Optics Clavius -- Atlas Orion Anamorphics -- Xelmus Apollo Anamorphics
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #68  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Boiling Springs, PA
    Posts
    227
    I hope these come in cheaper or around the price of Atlas. Atlas just don't do it for me look too modern. Much prefer the look of Kowas. The size is very intriguing, hopefully they are a lighter weight option and the housings look really nice and in white they are reminiscent of mini Hawks. Flare is blue and pretty nice from what I have seen so far. Checked out more of their photos on Instagram. Has anyone heard a price yet?
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #69  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Portland,OR
    Posts
    383
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Reese View Post
    I hope these come in cheaper or around the price of Atlas. Atlas just don't do it for me look too modern. Much prefer the look of Kowas. The size is very intriguing, hopefully they are a lighter weight option and the housings look really nice and in white they are reminiscent of mini Hawks. Flare is blue and pretty nice from what I have seen so far. Checked out more of their photos on Instagram. Has anyone heard a price yet?
    Their website says 5,999.00 . I like them better than the atlas .
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #70  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Boiling Springs, PA
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Jones View Post
    Their website says 5,999.00 . I like them better than the atlas .
    Unfortunately you got my hopes up. That appears to be the pre-order deposit ($5,999). Full price is ($11,999). Still look way better than Atlas IMO. Looks like they have very decent close focus distance as well on some of the focal lengths. Really excited for these.... hopefully there is more footage soon and hopefully rental houses in the US start picking them up. Looks like they will start shipping in August 2020.

    https://www.xelmus.com/store
    DSMC2 GEMINI + STORMTROOPER KOMODO
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts