Thread: New Affordable High Speed Xelmus Anamophic lens set

Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    I like them. The Xelmus 40 def is not for full frame, yeh it covers it but some heavy distortion there. Atlas has to add an extender which changes the focal distance and the T stop. So at least these can still be used. Id love to see them tested on super 35 format and outdoors. These indoors test setting with charts ect is boring and uninspiring (but still appreciated). Looking forward to seeing more footage.

Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    I like them. The Xelmus 40 def is not for full frame, yeh it covers it but some heavy distortion there. Atlas has to add an extender which changes the focal distance and the T stop. So at least these can still be used. Id love to see them tested on super 35 format and outdoors. These indoors test setting with charts ect is boring and uninspiring (but still appreciated). Looking forward to seeing more footage.
    Completely agree on needing some outdoor shots like what we might see in an actual commercial or narrative...
    Red Epic-W Helium / Arri Alexa Mini & EV Packages.
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds T1.3 -- Canon K-35s T1.4/1.6 -- Kowa Anamorphics T2.3/2.8 -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals T2.3 -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics T2.5 -- Cineovision Anamorphics T1.4 -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros T2.3 -- Lomo Standard Primes T2.3 -- Schneider 1950s Xenon T2.3 -- B&L Super Baltars T2.3 -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics T2.3
    Element-camera.com - Rentals in San Francisco

I wonder what would be the market for Apollo, since the Atlas are cheaper? I mean, I will either go with the Cookes, or the Atlas.

There are definitely sets out there. Anyone willing to share some non-studio stuff?
    Zeiss Mark II Super Speeds T1.3 -- Canon K-35s T1.4/1.6 -- Kowa Anamorphics T2.3/2.8 -- Kowa Prominar Sphericals T2.3 -- Lomo Square Front Anamorphics T2.5 -- Cineovision Anamorphics T1.4 -- Cooke TLS S2/3 Speed Panchros T2.3 -- Lomo Standard Primes T2.3 -- Schneider 1950s Xenon T2.3 -- B&L Super Baltars T2.3 -- Zeiss Ultrascope Anamorphics T2.3

Finally, a project shot on 'em...

ryancglover.com
    RED ONE MX 0423
    LOMO standard speed 18,22,35,50,75
    LOMO squarefront anamorphic 35,50,80

Were prices/availability ever confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Glover View Post
    Finally, a project shot on 'em...

Saw this too, they look really good...

I hope these come in cheaper or around the price of Atlas. Atlas just don't do it for me look too modern. Much prefer the look of Kowas. The size is very intriguing, hopefully they are a lighter weight option and the housings look really nice and in white they are reminiscent of mini Hawks. Flare is blue and pretty nice from what I have seen so far. Checked out more of their photos on Instagram. Has anyone heard a price yet?
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Reese View Post
    I hope these come in cheaper or around the price of Atlas. Atlas just don't do it for me look too modern. Much prefer the look of Kowas. The size is very intriguing, hopefully they are a lighter weight option and the housings look really nice and in white they are reminiscent of mini Hawks. Flare is blue and pretty nice from what I have seen so far. Checked out more of their photos on Instagram. Has anyone heard a price yet?
    Their website says 5,999.00 . I like them better than the atlas .

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Jones View Post
    Their website says 5,999.00 . I like them better than the atlas .
    Unfortunately you got my hopes up. That appears to be the pre-order deposit ($5,999). Full price is ($11,999). Still look way better than Atlas IMO. Looks like they have very decent close focus distance as well on some of the focal lengths. Really excited for these.... hopefully there is more footage soon and hopefully rental houses in the US start picking them up. Looks like they will start shipping in August 2020.

https://www.xelmus.com/store
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI