Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN preorders...

Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast
    For those wishing to be kept up to date but who don't follow h4vuser.net, here is the latest post from Jim.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hasn’t been a very good couple of weeks. We have been pushed back in certification and the carriers are allocating a new launch window. I should have the details pretty soon but not likely to be pretty. Not sure when I have been this frustrated. Jim
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I read this correctly, it means that just correcting the component that failed certification the first go-round isn't allowed priority for re-certification. ITBT, then maybe Hydrogen has to get somewhere back into line for the re-certification process.

Assuming the Carriers Launch allocating new launch window may not affect the pre-orders... just the certification affecting that although he also posted:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We want to release as soon as we get through certification and both carriers can agree on the launch date. This last set back was a bad one. It completely screwed up timing for everything. We are now in the hands of the certification Gods and the carriers. Feeling pretty helpless right now. Jim
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As he said, details pretty soon.
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

Hello RED Family... Being super busy lost track of our Hydrogen.... When is our baby getting to our hands...???
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    @hdewey

Thanks for the info and wifi viewing is probably good enough but two things:

1) Why the hell can't we get a straight answer on this question (i.e. wired viewing of DSMC2 via the pogo pins on each) from Jim or Jarred - this function has no impact on letting out secrets of features and capabilities to the potential competitors because interfacing with a Red camera directly isn't something that competitors are likely to care about.

2) It still would be nice to have wired capability so there is no latency (at least versus the regular Red monitors) and it should provide greater reliability vs wireless.
    because there is no answer, the capability hasnt been created yet. also, why would you care about being hard wired, there are already plenty of better monitoring situations for that. the cool thing would be for it do something that isnt available yet, like wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Alain M View Post
    Hello RED Family... Being super busy lost track of our Hydrogen.... When is our baby getting to our hands...???
    Pretty much up to the FAA certification process at the moment. A component being out of spec meant some re-tooling to fix the problem and rather than just re-certify the out of spec part, apparently Hydrogen has to get back in line for certification all over again. At least, that's my understanding of where things stand.
    I live on the edge of financial ruin and have ever since the RED One, (And yes, I can still laugh about it.) :)

Quote Originally Posted by H Dewey View Post
    Pretty much up to the FAA certification process at the moment. A component being out of spec meant some re-tooling to fix the problem and rather than just re-certify the out of spec part, apparently Hydrogen has to get back in line for certification all over again. At least, that's my understanding of where things stand.
    Believe that H Dewey meant the FCC not the FAA.

In the meantime, to remain updated, bookmark and visit

https://h4vuser.net

That is the site Jim has chosen for all things Hydrogen.
    All else is speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    Believe that H Dewey meant the FCC not the FAA.

In the meantime, to remain updated, bookmark and visit

All else is speculation
    Indeed I did. '-)

Thanks for the correction.

(It's appropriate I leave the mis-post uncorrected as a reminder to maintain some semblance of humility. '-)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian F Kobylarz View Post
    ... to remain updated, bookmark and visit

All else is speculation
    2nd and third this suggestion.

2) It still would be nice to have wired capability so there is no latency (at least versus the regular Red monitors) and it should provide greater reliability vs wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    because there is no answer, the capability hasnt been created yet. also, why would you care about being hard wired, there are already plenty of better monitoring situations for that. the cool thing would be for it do something that isnt available yet, like wireless.
    But there doesn't seem to be any reason that capability (wired) would be difficult to engineer nor any reason to hide that announcement as it is really only relevant to RED camera owners.

And why are the other monitoring better - if I can have a multi use product that provides full 1080p wired from the camera (which costs about $2700 from RED - 4.7" is only 720P which is ridiculous for an 8K camera).

Since I doubt if I will be moving from the iPhone ecosystem the phone is not all that important but I might use it as a second phone, the other capabilities are more important to me. If it gives me a 1080p monitor for my Helium it is a no brainer. If not I'm interested in the camera capability but am seriously considering canceling and waiting to see if the camera functionality actually excites me.

And by the way, adding a $32 micro sd card doesn't compensate for the approx $200 in interest that most of us that put it on a credit card lost even if you factor in the 3 or 4 months to delivery that I originally expected when they decided to take a full price deposit for the order. Nor does simply saying the new price is $100 more.
    Save the Sharks
    RED Komodo soon. Original Manufacturer of RedOne & Epic/Scarlet/Weapon Underwater housings - contact us for sale or rent. RED owner since REDONE SN206. Manufacturer of Eye2Eye direct eye contact interviewing rig. 954.937.6600 (send a text first-having to use spam blocker these days) ... aquavideo1 at yahoo.com

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hastings View Post
    @hdewey

Thanks for the info and wifi viewing is probably good enough but two things:

1) Why the hell can't we get a straight answer on this question (i.e. wired viewing of DSMC2 via the pogo pins on each) from Jim or Jarred - this function has no impact on letting out secrets of features and capabilities to the potential competitors because interfacing with a Red camera directly isn't something that competitors are likely to care about.

Just speaking from the camera side of things, there is no wireless or wired realtime viewing from DSMC2 cameras directly to Hydrogen unless of course you goto a teradek from camera and then use the teradek android monitoring app to view the stream .

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Just speaking from the camera side of things, there is no wireless or wired realtime viewing from DSMC2 cameras directly to Hydrogen unless of course you goto a teradek from camera and then use the teradek android monitoring app to view the stream .
    Humm... From Hydrogen side of things (lol), in PDF it does mention (under COMMAND CENTRAL),
    “ The HYDROGEN ONE will not only be the control center for the HYDROGEN system, it’s will also integrate with the Professional RED camera program, working together with Scarlet, EPIC and Weapon as user interface and Monitor."
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel